Alternative to Weapon-R header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alternative to Weapon-R header
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:35 AM
I have contacted at least 6 stores and Weapon-R themselves, and the 2.2L Ecotec header is on back order till at least December.

Given that, is there any decent alternative to the Weapon-R Header?

The RKSport one is ridiculously priced at $450 USD, and that pricing is not an option. Does it exist for cheaper anywhere?

Also, if I were to get the 4-1 design Pacesetter one, in all honesty, is there a big HP gain difference between this one and the RKSport/Weapon-R headers?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Alternative to Weapon-R header
Friday, October 28, 2005 11:01 AM
4-2-1 ------Low End Torque
4-1 --------High End Power

So to answer your question, yes you would see a difference in HP levels because of the design of the header, I'd say just get the Pacesetter 4-1 Ceramic Coated Header unless you feel like waiting ~2 months for the Weapon-R. I'm looking into buying the full exhaust setup from Isuzu Performance, its expensive but its 2.5" all the way through which helps me when I go Forced Induction

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:25 AM
How 'high-end' would I have to rev to feel this power? I wouldn't have to be wasting my gas up at like 5k would I? Or is it more like 3k?

Also, the Pacesetter part won't break or leak or something stupid, will it? I've heard lots of garbage about this company, but I'm not sure if the part is just really low quality or if the installation was garbage. I'm having mine done professionally, regardless.

(Oh, and would you happen to know the size of the outlet of the Pacesetter header? Ie, 2.25" etc?)

Thanks!

Newb Matt
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:05 PM
This is just a rough estimate but I would think the power would be found atleast above 3000rpm. And no, you won't be wasting your gas at 5000rpm. From what i've read and seen, the Pacesetter is a very good header for our cars, the only thing you MAY have to do is get gaskets but thats nothing really. But like I said that's only something you MAY have to do, I don't think you do though. And the garbage you've heard is probably for their cat-back exhaust systems for our cars, the headers are very good. As for the measurements, i'm not sure, try searching around on the .org or even try emailing Pacesetter themselves if your able to. Hopefully this helps.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:44 PM
im pretty sure its 2.25"
Monday, November 28, 2005 1:36 PM
Matthew Housser wrote:I have contacted at least 6 stores and Weapon-R themselves, and the 2.2L Ecotec header is on back order till at least December.

Given that, is there any decent alternative to the Weapon-R Header?

The RKSport one is ridiculously priced at $450 USD, and that pricing is not an option. Does it exist for cheaper anywhere?

Also, if I were to get the 4-1 design Pacesetter one, in all honesty, is there a big HP gain difference between this one and the RKSport/Weapon-R headers?

Thanks,

Matt

I think this Tsudo one is the same. I got the Weapon R and it sure looks like it

[URL=TSUDO clickety]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tsudo-01-05-pontiac-sunfire-Ecotec-headers-header-OBX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ8018211683QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting[/URL]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search