Saab 9-3 turbo manifold.. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab 9-3 turbo manifold..
Monday, October 31, 2005 1:20 PM
i drive a 05 cobalt ls, as you all know it's pushin the dohc 2.2l ecotec, but from what i understand the saab 93 turbo also pushes the 2.2...only turbo...am i right to venture that if i got a fuel pump...injectors...lines, and the whole turbo setup from the saab it would be a simple plug n play? let me know. BTW is the ECU in my cobalt boost friendly? (since the ss runs boost)

Re: Saab 9-3 turbo manifold..
Monday, October 31, 2005 4:24 PM
I'm new here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine sounds like if the dis. is the same the parts interchange, I think.
Saturday, November 05, 2005 7:12 PM
Personally, I don't think it is worth the hassle getting the saab turbo components to work for the 2.2. (the saab is a 2.0L, same block, ecotec)

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:49 AM
hmm....if you can find out if its even close to compatible, i say go for it.

if you do enough fabrication, you could probably get just about any part in there. i think the question is how much work do you have to do to get it in there.

I dont know if it will fit but i would be interested in what you do and how it turns out, i drive the same car as you.
Friday, November 11, 2005 6:27 AM
The parts can just bolt on. As for the PCM for the LSJ (2.0SC), is different than the 2.2L. Which the PCM for the turboed version would be different too. Good luck finding everything out of a Saab at a junk yard. Getting them new would probably cost more than an aftermarket turbo kit.

Also, the Saab 9-3 had two versions of a turbo. One being a low pressure setup, and the other being a high pressure setup. Which the high pressure is the more rare of the two.
Friday, November 11, 2005 6:35 PM
Xian G wrote:The parts can just bolt on. As for the PCM for the LSJ (2.0SC), is different than the 2.2L. Which the PCM for the turboed version would be different too. Good luck finding everything out of a Saab at a junk yard. Getting them new would probably cost more than an aftermarket turbo kit.

Also, the Saab 9-3 had two versions of a turbo. One being a low pressure setup, and the other being a high pressure setup. Which the high pressure is the more rare of the two.

Probably just programming.
and yes it Should bolt up. The turbo may be too small for what you are looking for.
It's nice because the see near full boost at 2K rpms.

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:13 AM
most dealerships can reprogram your ECU easily, for some reason people dont like going to them for help????
once the warranty is voided it is all your business what you do with your car
Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:03 PM
but the reprogram probably isnt what youre looking for. the program is VIN specific, doesnt take into account any aftermarket stuff, including boost. try to program for a different VIN, and your PK3+ wont work. PCM will probably be toast too. id rather use an aftermarket tune.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search