Need ENGINE help please! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need ENGINE help please!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:36 PM
Hey,
I've posted this on J-body, but didn't get much help. Maybe you fellow ecotec owners can talk to me!
My car all of a sudden started dogging out when I would lightly touch the accelerator. Managed to drive it to a mechanic who then installed new NGK plugs. Car was a lot better, except still dogs out as I press hard on the accelerator (RPM's stick!)
I have all the bolt ons and just installed a 62mm throttle body a month before. Mechanic seems to think I have too much air and not enough fuel OR bad injector(s), coil pack not giving enough spark ( I have 29,000 miles!!!)
When it dogs out, I smell mad gas. I don't know what is wrong here! Could put back my original TB and see what happens.
Changed my fuel filter and that helped some more, but cannot floor it, or it really flutters bad when in low RPM's in higher gears.
Only CHECK ENGINE LIGHT I have which came on a few days later after this Sh** happened was a P01033 (O2 sensor slow circuit repsonse bank 1)
Even unplugging the sensor doesn't make any difference. I have new sensor, but have not put it in yet as I don't think this will solve the problem. My car isn't getting enough fuel for some reason
Can anyone help
Thanks

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: Need ENGINE help please!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:31 PM
Check fuel pressure. See if regulator is sticking. This will also let you know if your fuel pump is ok also. Too rich a mixture will also cause o2 system to be slow.Hope this helps.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:17 AM
Thanks!! I think the mechanic might have checked it. I know he unscrewed the black top that connects to the fuel line and attached a gauge of some sort to measure the pressure. I think it might have been OK, but probably will have it checked again.
Any other ideas anyone?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:01 PM
if you smell 'madd gas y0', then you arent have a lack of fuel issue. also a p0133 will keep a p0171 and 0174 form happening, as well as disable misfire detection at times.

if it misfires under load, but clears up at lighter loads, im thinking secondary ignition also. honestly, id start taking the car back to stock one mod at a time and see if the problem goes away.

OR you could find another j-body in the area and see if hell swap ignition packs with you for an hour.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:35 PM
Is your new TB plate sticking?

A friend of mine had same problem with his Civic after he installed big bore TB; the plate was sticking and the adjustment screws were missing, so he put his stock TB back on and sold the aftermarket one on e-Bay
hehe
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search