Power out of stock internals? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power out of stock internals?
Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:16 PM
How much Hp is the stock internals of the 2.2 capable of?....What are some of the more important UP's that have to be done to it to handle more?

Re: Power out of stock internals?
Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:27 AM
Read the pdf's < here > for your answers...

Ta, Paul.
Monday, November 14, 2005 11:00 AM
its ok for close to 300hp, but GM suggests not exceeding the 250hp mark
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:00 PM
rods, pistons , rings if you wanna exceed 280 hp at the crank
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:39 PM
Check out what GM says about these engines in regards to how much power they can handle
/www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/html/home.htm.

I'd install forged rods/forged pistons if you plan on running NOS, turbo or supercharger just for the added reliability. I'm using Eagle Rods and Wiseco Pistons in my 03' Cavalier (Ecotec 2.2L) with a NOS fogger setup (single nozzle on RK Sport intake, w 26 Fuel/18 NOS jets). I suggest taking what GM says about NOS applications and this engine with some afterthought because I don't think you could run a 150 HP (150 shot) NOS setup on this engine without going to colder plugs and retarding the timing. GM doesn't tell you this but the NOS website does. Whatever kind of power you want to get out of the engine and the manner in which you do it, just make sure everything is assembled clean, tolerances/clearances adhered to and everything torqued to specification.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:17 PM
slo 04 wrote:rods, pistons , rings if you wanna exceed 280 hp at the crank

rings and rods are good for plenty more than 280fly. the pistons probably are too, but id suggest forged if youre going with boost or spray. its got to be pretty difficult to get to 300 reliably without changing the pistons...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search