Optima Performance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Optima Performance
Monday, November 14, 2005 8:39 AM
I was browsing through parts that can be "supposably" used on our Ecotec engines. I ran into this thing and I highly doubt it works. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99-00-03-04-Pontiac-Sunfire-Performance-Module-25HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8013648985QQrdZ1. Does anybody know anything about this performance module?

Re: Optima Performance
Monday, November 14, 2005 10:58 AM
they are just resistors, can seriously damage components on your ECU. if you want to buy one just buy 4.7k resistor for 10 cents
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:27 PM
Waste of time use that 20 bucks to buy some beer.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:23 PM
These performance chips or so called are a resistor in a molded case. it hook up to your air sensor and what it does is trick you car into thinking it cold outside causing you car to run rich. long term effects unkown. but if you live in a hot climate could be bad. But if its cheap odds are the is a reason i have been warn to stay away from such products. i would advise the same
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:12 AM
06 Cobalt SS
2.4L ECOTEC VVT

Bought one just for @!#$s and giggles. Don't really plan on leaving it on just wanted to see if it works. Totally reversible. We are talking about the Optima R Performance Module here. Noticed quicker acceleration and more power at high speeds. But it could probably be all in my head. Taking it off today and waiting until I can put some real upgrades on.

Check out this Yahoo group !

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cobalt_ss/
Monday, December 05, 2005 5:01 PM
I have a 03 cavy. I bought one of those resistors for my car at radio shack. I have had it on there for a year and a half. No problems at all. But if you buy the wrong one you'll burn up your fuel pump.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:56 PM
how would it burn up your fuel pump?

im curious to hear this one.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:44 PM
the resistor makes your IAT sensor "think" that your engine is sucking air at 57F (I believe). the point of this is to dump more fuel as if it's 57F outside while it's 75F.
I don't know anything about burning up fuel pump unless you plug it into 110 V outlet or run it at extremely high speeds for a long time.
Friday, December 16, 2005 5:39 PM
indeed, but the fuel pump doesnt work any harder, the injectors do, however. not enough to burn anything up, though.

doesnt matter, theres actually a resistor INSIDE the pcm on that circuit, so you can actually put a jumper wire in there and NOT burn up the pcm. you will throw a CEL for IAT OOR, something of a p0114 IIRC.

as lean as mfgs are tuning cars today for emissions and economy reasons, those little resistors give a small increase.

but hey, 5HP for $0.05 isnt too bad.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search