VUE header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
VUE header
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:30 PM
I have a 2004 VUE with the Ecotec and 5 speed manual. Anyone who's driven one knows they aren't exactly the fastest thing around. I would like to increase the pep on it by adding a header. Would any header from any compatiable Ecotec motor work? I know I won't find any aftermarket support directly for the VUE, but I hope to find some by jumping across to other marques or nameplates.

Thanks!

Re: VUE header
Friday, December 16, 2005 12:29 AM
get a ceramic coated header from Pacesetter and have your local muffler shop weld it for you. It requires welding bigger downpipe in cat (downpipe comes with header)
Friday, December 16, 2005 4:42 AM
Is the Pacesetter header any good? I've heard bad things about them in their other applications.

Which side (front or back) or the engine does the exhaust come off Sunfires/Cavaliers? The VUE/Ion comes off the back.
Friday, December 16, 2005 1:29 PM
same

honestly if you're looking for a decent power upgrade you're going to need more than a header. the vue is big guy and you'll need some more grunt. honestly i'd say look to either hahn for a turbo setup or speedmafia for a supercharger. otherwise, look for a full exhaust as well (thermal r&d makes one), along with a cold air setup. have you checked out saturn motorsports yet? you can get the stuff either directly or through your dealer (not all are sms dealers though)

-DS
--------
"I'm a product, of my environment
So don't blame me, I just work here
But I wanna f*** it up"
Offspring - americana
Friday, December 16, 2005 10:24 PM
My Pacesetter header is all right; it didn't come with the flange gasket though. it sounds like fart when I back up. Other than that it's all right.
yeah, the exhaust comes off the back.
I didn't trust that black paint of mine and repainted it high temp silver paint
looks fine so far.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search