need ideas for 2.2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need ideas for 2.2
Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:16 AM
Hey, whats up everyone? I'm new at this but ima give it a shot. I need some ideas for my 04 sunfire 2.2, I'm looking for some power that is not going to change the sound of the car a whole lot. I have thought about crank pulley and alternator pulley, but im kinda in the air about those, not to sure if they are good upgrades or not? I have another question about the B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver, has anyone already tried that and if so can u give me some information on it? Ooo by the way I already have:
Cold Air Intake = AEM
Upper and Lower engine mounts
4-2-1 headers = Rk Sport

Thanks for the help!!

Re: need ideas for 2.2
Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:59 PM
also i forgot i have a
62mm all the way through throttle body
Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:15 PM
spray...
Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:51 PM
Well although you dont want to change the sound all that much i would have to say an exhaust system would be next. with the stuff you have already done like the CAI and 62mmTB and Header then the restriction starts all over again, get a hight flow catylatic converter and full exhaust (I went 2&1/4inches) and just get a quite muffler(dynomax is not too laud) and you should notice a good gain in power.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:05 AM
BewstAdd1ct wrote:spray...

I don't really want to spray on stock internals. It's to risky, I'd rather work on the internals before i do that.
thanks for the help
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:17 PM
too risky? lol.

okay. just about everything else is gonna change the sound of the car. you might give a cam set a try...
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:09 AM
does anyone know how big the piping on the borla exhaust system is for the 04 cavilier, and does anyone have any sound clips or anything.. thanks it greatly appreciated
Saturday, December 24, 2005 4:46 PM
Well my guess is 2&1/14 which should be the size you should get on an N/A cavy.

any one can correct me if i am wrong but i believe that Borla is one of the louder exhausts out there. i would just listen to 4cylinder cars in your area with exhaust and find one you like and ask them what make it is, should sound roughly the same.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:03 AM
Hey Gray, I'm going to try sending you the video clips I have of my car but there from the inside of the car. Should sound about the same as it would on your car cause I've got a DC sports header to the cat back Borla exhaust, and the aem cai. I'll see if I have any from the outside, if not ill try to get out and get one. And Boorad, its just personal preference I dont think the borla is very loud, people know you have an exhaust, but it looks stock and at idle it has just a little hum to it. It's in no way a fart can sounding exhaust, or a magnaflow sounding exhaust.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:25 PM
Not too risky with the spray. the ecotec i think can handle a 50 shot of spray. But i'm after a while on the bottle it would start wearing on the motor.
Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:35 PM
Is the Borla exhaust a straight threw muffler?
My first muffler was a Skunk2 straight threw muffler that was stupid how load it was and swichted it with the DynoMax one which I love the way it sounds........and feldma8a
you are right, it is personal preference, thats why I said he needs listen and hear one he likes, hopefull the video you send him will help.

Monday, December 26, 2005 8:16 PM
Here's another question what about the lightened crank pulley? Is that a good mod? Are there other pulleys available for 04 sunfire?Like alternator? Has anyone tried the crank pulley? And what was the experience? Info greatly apprecitated..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search