Pacesetter header for cav - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pacesetter header for cav
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:38 AM
Going to buy a pacesetter header for my 04 cav and want to know if it comes with all necessary hardware ie gaskets and header bolts. also i want to know if i need to do any modifications heard the O2 sensor was not long enough and had to extended it and dose it bolt on to the cat or weld on. any help will be greatly appercieated thanks.

Re: Pacesetter header for cav
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:31 PM
I believe it has to be welded onto the cat.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:47 PM
Headers: Pacesetter Armor-Coat 4-into-1 Header

This header includes a flanged 2-1/4" collector, hook-ups for smog & engine management sensors, and a header extension to connect to stock exhaust system. Includes all necessary hardware, gaskets and illustrated instructions, and is backed by a 3-year warranty. Header bolts not included. In some cases, fabrication may be required.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:09 PM
blk04cav wrote:Going to buy a pacesetter header for my 04 cav and want to know if it comes with all necessary hardware ie gaskets and header bolts. also i want to know if i need to do any modifications heard the O2 sensor was not long enough and had to extended it and dose it bolt on to the cat or weld on. any help will be greatly appercieated thanks.

Check out www.j-body.org under the group purchase forum, we have a special on them, i dont know of anyone that can beat the prices.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:03 AM
Thanks Boorad so then where can i find the header bolts. Turbo tech how much longer are thoses prices going to stay like that.
Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:29 PM
I have a coated pacesetter for $150.
Thursday, January 19, 2006 2:58 PM
Where to get the header bolts.....good question.

I would assume use the ones that come off the stock one. other that or where you get it installed should have the proper stuff required to install it for you, especially if they are the ones who order it for you..........

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:35 PM
Stock header bolts are fine, no need to change them out.

You can even reuse the stock exhaust manfold gasket with the pacesetter header.

The GP will be going for a couple weeks.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:09 PM
Thanks for the info but still want to know if the thing with the o2 sensor is true about it being to short. dose the header make good gains at low rpms or high rpms.
Friday, January 27, 2006 7:40 AM
blk04cav wrote:Thanks for the info but still want to know if the thing with the o2 sensor is true about it being to short. dose the header make good gains at low rpms or high rpms.

If you route the o2 sensor right it is long enough. Some just dont take the time to run the wires how they should be routed.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search