Few questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few questions
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:59 PM
OK first off would gettign that throttle body off a yukon help on my eco?And whats that pcu emc or what ever it is reflash what does that do?And are their any recall on a 05 cavy?And the the rk sport spak boot thingys help?

darkblade j

Re: Few questions
Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:33 PM
darkbladej wrote:OK first off would gettign that throttle body off a yukon help on my eco?

I don't think it would fit. Some people buy a bored out eco throttle body.

darkbladej wrote:And whats that pcu emc or what ever it is reflash what does that do?

It puts a new program into the engine control unit.

darkbladej wrote:And are their any recall on a 05 cavy?

Don't know, ask your dealer.

darkbladej wrote:And the the rk sport spak boot thingys help?

Only if your stock spak boot thingys are bad.
Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:52 AM
Even if the Yukon throttle body did fit, bigger isn't always better, trust me. You have to remember efficiency and velocity. There is a such thing as too big.

Reading your modifications, you don't need one as of yet. If you go too big you would lose LOTS of low end power because you don't have the velocity to deal with a bigger throttle body. Honestly, even with a car with just bolt ons, a bigger throttle body is not needed.

By the way...2 things:

1. The Yukon throttle body wouldn't work because it plainly wouldn't fit and more than likely uses different throttle body sensors (and not to mention it might be an electronic throttle body, not mechanical like ours).

2. Your 2 1/2" exhaust system is too big. Unless you're planning on going turbocharged or supercharged, you need to get rid of it and get a 2 1/4" exhaust system. You're losing lots of low end power and you probably don't realize it. Velocity also plays into effect of this also...there is a such thing as too big of an exhaust system.

Hope this has helped you out. Anymore questions, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:40 AM
what he is probably thinking of is mounting a throttle body off a 5.3L engine. yes it will fit...if you buy the gm racing intake manifold. im sure you can find an old tb at a wrecker cheap enough, so if you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out, i agree that it wont do you much good unless you are running enough boost.

i disagree with 2.5" being too large, but you will have probably noticed if it is, you will have lost some low end torque. beyond that would be too much.
Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:50 AM
Pretty lil hate machine wrote:what he is probably thinking of is mounting a throttle body off a 5.3L engine. yes it will fit...if you buy the gm racing intake manifold. im sure you can find an old tb at a wrecker cheap enough, so if you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out, i agree that it wont do you much good unless you are running enough boost.

i disagree with 2.5" being too large, but you will have probably noticed if it is, you will have lost some low end torque. beyond that would be too much.

First of all the GM Intake Manifold isn't really meant for a street application. You can't even fit it on an ECOTEC with out moving the Radiator forward. Also, even if you did fit it on, the manifold is WAY too big for an N/A setup running stock compression and might be even too big on a basic turbo setup not pushing high amounts of PSI.

Also, the throttle body is just is highly not suggested to use...he doesn't have any type of modifications to support a throttle body that big. I'm guessing the throttle body is in the mid 60s MM range since the LS1 TB is 70 MM. Even still, it's just too big.

Get a turbo setup, situations change...

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:53 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:
Pretty lil hate machine wrote:what he is probably thinking of is mounting a throttle body off a 5.3L engine. yes it will fit...if you buy the gm racing intake manifold. im sure you can find an old tb at a wrecker cheap enough, so if you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out, i agree that it wont do you much good unless you are running enough boost.

First of all the GM Intake Manifold isn't really meant for a street application. You can't even fit it on an ECOTEC with out moving the Radiator forward. Also, even if you did fit it on, the manifold is WAY too big for an N/A setup running stock compression and might be even too big on a basic turbo setup not pushing high amounts of PSI.

Also, the throttle body is just is highly not suggested to use...he doesn't have any type of modifications to support a throttle body that big. I'm guessing the throttle body is in the mid 60s MM range since the LS1 TB is 70 MM. Even still, it's just too big.

Quote:

what he is probably thinking of is mounting a throttle body off a 5.3L engine. yes it will fit...if you buy the gm racing intake manifold. im sure you can find an old tb at a wrecker cheap enough, so if you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out, i agree that it wont do you much good unless you are running enough boost

the throttle body is 75mm by the way
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:14 AM
Pretty lil hate machine wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

Quote:

what he is probably thinking of is mounting a throttle body off a 5.3L engine. yes it will fit...if you buy the gm racing intake manifold. im sure you can find an old tb at a wrecker cheap enough, so if you decide to do it, let us know how it turns out, i agree that it wont do you much good unless you are running enough boost

the throttle body is 75mm by the way

You're right...sorry, my mistake.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:39 PM
I remember when I was thinkning of my exhaust, went with 2 and a 1/4 but for a little bt was thinking of 2.5, always thought you could get away with a little bigger with a manual you know down shifting and all, but I have to agree with NJHK (The JBO Negro) 2 &1/4 is the right size for N/A.......arrguably with 5spd but 2.2 too big for auto.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:45 PM
Boorad wrote:I remember when I was thinkning of my exhaust, went with 2 and a 1/4 but for a little bt was thinking of 2.5, always thought you could get away with a little bigger with a manual you know down shifting and all, but I have to agree with NJHK (The JBO Negro) 2 &1/4 is the right size for N/A.......arrguably with 5spd but 2.2 too big for auto.

Regardless of what tranny you have, it all works the same and it'll still be too big.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search