throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:41 AM
What do i need to bore out a stock throttle body i have a spare or would be cheaper in the longrun to buy one.

Re: throttle body
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:26 PM
All you'd ned is a dremel pretty much, but if you only bore out either side of the butterfly valve then its an utterly useless mod. You would have to change the butterfly valve for it to have any effect. So really if you're willing to take the butterfly valve out, bore the throttle body entirely and then find another valve that will fit your specific size then yes, you can do it yourself otherwise, you're stuck with aftermarket. Just my $0.02 though.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:06 PM
Please dont try to bore out your TB with a dremel

thats a real realy realy bad idea. You dont get a good seal at the plate and your car is gonna run like crap.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:11 PM
Just get an aftermarket one.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:07 PM
What kind of after market throttle body can you get for the ecotec 2.2l for a cavi? Also are larger injectors and fuel rail a good idea?
Monday, March 13, 2006 12:27 AM
Bill Rose wrote:What kind of after market throttle body can you get for the ecotec 2.2l for a cavi? Also are larger injectors and fuel rail a good idea?

RSM sells a 62 MM Throttle Body. I'm not sure if I suggest getting that one that big in this stage of the game for you (basically saying this cause you're still naturally aspirated). It will give you a good amount of top end gain but you'll lose torque in the process because of the change in velocity.

Larger Injectors and Fuel rail...basically you don't need to change any part of your fuel system untill you start messing with Boost or Raising your compression somehow. Your stock injectors are just fine. Also, your fuel rail is actually even good on boosted vehicles, still no need to upgrade. Actually, I don't even know any companies that offer an ECOTEC fuel rail upgrade, you'd have to get one custom made if anything.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:09 AM
I bought the 62mm TB and noticed a big gain in high RPM's.. It almost sounds like V-TECH, but not as loud. I'm sure if I had an AEM CAI instead of my RKSPORT WAI, it would sound louder at those RPM'S.. As far as losing low end torque, I really didn't notice it. So I think my car's low end torque perhaps remained the same, but like I said, I definitely noticed the HP increase from 4500-5800. I'd buy the TB!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Thursday, March 30, 2006 9:25 AM
02ecotecimportkiller wrote:I bought the 62mm TB and noticed a big gain in high RPM's.. It almost sounds like V-TECH, but not as loud. I'm sure if I had an AEM CAI instead of my RKSPORT WAI, it would sound louder at those RPM'S.. As far as losing low end torque, I really didn't notice it. So I think my car's low end torque perhaps remained the same, but like I said, I definitely noticed the HP increase from 4500-5800. I'd buy the TB!

V-Tec doesn't have a sound...what you're hearing is the motor entering it's powerband because of the VVT.

You might of had a gain in the higher RPMs, but you defenitley lost bottom end power.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search