GM PN 19131972 manifold - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM PN 19131972 manifold
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:59 PM
hey,
i am new here, and just wanted to ask a question..

will this manifold fit any ecotec motor?
according to GM and parts direct, the PN is the same manifold for all the ecotec motors, ie: cobalt, g6, sunfire, cavy, etc.. all except for the GA's.. its like GM decided that they didn't want any of the interchangeable parts to be listed for the grand am's, or they misconcieved that only old people buy the grand am's and just didn't write it on their page..

i know it should fit, and i would like a new better manifold due to the mods i have made so far.. more air in.. restricted out.. .. just the TB and the full intake..
but i also like it because there is no cutting required of the exhaust, so i dont have to worry about that.. thats the one reason i dont like the pacesetter or DC sport headers. i trust the GM ones to work and fit properly..
plus, i get a discount for working at a dealership as a mechanic.. and dont tell me to ask the parts people, ours are retarted and just give you a stupid face when you ask them to look something up or get you a part!

thanks..

Re: GM PN 19131972 manifold
Saturday, March 25, 2006 4:31 AM
Hey Sam. I am a GM Parts Consultant at a Vermont Chevy dealership. I'm not at work today, but if you want to buzz me the last eight numbers/letters of your VIN, I can look it up in the catalog at work on Monday. Usually you can tell if it can fit by seeing if it lists the same gaskets on the cars that you know it fits. I recognized the p/n because I have an 06 Cobalt and I was curious about the same thing.
Re: GM PN 19131972 manifold
Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:37 PM
it should fit any 2.0 or 2.2 Ecotec. They both use the same head meaning the same bolts and ports.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search