300 hp only - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
300 hp only
Monday, March 06, 2006 2:08 PM
Hello Guys,
I am new to the site and have searched the site around in the perfomance section. I am doing project for my school right now where we are building a 18' rail car powered by an ecotech 2.4L

We will be using a 2.4L non s/c. I have read the GM build book and other few sites, but was wanting a engine configuration to achieve around 300 to 320 hp We have to stay inside this window of horsepower. I also didn't know if the build book would be compatible with the 2.4 we have since it was stated as a 2.2L book. Sorry if I ask a few stupid questions but am new to the eco scene and am from a v-8 background.

Any information and links would be greatly appreciated.
We are also looking for sponsors!

Thanks,
Adam

Re: 300 hp only
Monday, March 06, 2006 2:14 PM
I forgot to ad that we are most likely going to be adding a turbo system to the engine.
Monday, March 06, 2006 3:58 PM
Hey Adam...shoot me an email with some more info about your project. I sell Hahn Racecraft stuff and know Bill personally. I think he might like to hear about this and I know I'd love to help you build this baby up.

Shoot the email to here and I'll get back to you ASAP. Give me a list of things you already know you need and I'll shoot you a list of some prices.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:45 PM
Well the group is a auto group here at ISU Indiana State University that is trying to show that we can make a 10 second car out of a four cylinder engine using some of the newest technology today. We thought that the ecotec was a good engine to use because of the great durability and the technology of the engine is still new to the market. Instead of using a 350 that anyone is able to build the ecotec is new enough to draw a lot of attention.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:03 PM
Like I told Adam in my email reply...I would love to help you guys out. I have a lot of Ecotec connections and info.
I can't give you guys free parts or anything but I can get you parts at a very slim margin. I always wanted to be in one of these builds but I could never get anyone else at the school behind it. This could be my way of helping build one

Friday, March 10, 2006 3:27 AM
New technology,LOL, Buddy Ingersoll ran 10's with a pinto in the 70's with a 2.0 4cylinder engine and a turbo with a holley carb on it. We have Mustang here at Gateway Raceway the runs 10.0 and pulls wheelies with a 2.3 ford 4cyl and a turbo. Esslinger can help you out if you want to build a fast 4 cylinder.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:32 AM
giovanhalen wrote:New technology,LOL, Buddy Ingersoll ran 10's with a pinto in the 70's with a 2.0 4cylinder engine and a turbo with a holley carb on it. We have Mustang here at Gateway Raceway the runs 10.0 and pulls wheelies with a 2.3 ford 4cyl and a turbo. Esslinger can help you out if you want to build a fast 4 cylinder.

And at my local track we have 1.8L Mazda Rotaries running 8s and 9s in the quarter. What's your point? Building a fast 4 isn't hard if you know what your doing.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 8:43 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

And at my local track we have 1.8L Mazda Rotaries running 8s and 9s in the quarter. What's your point? Building a fast 4 isn't hard if you know what your doing.

Hehe, you forgot to most common problem with building them up........money!
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:36 PM
Chris Driver wrote:
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:

Hehe, you forgot to most common problem with building them up........money!

There's where knowing how to wheel and deal comes into play. I guarantee that no one here can guess how little I've spent on my car. In a year no one has even come close. It's only expensive till you learn how to connect and shop around.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:06 PM
I have a cavy 05 and i was wondering if it could beat a crown vic stock!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:13 PM
just add a supercharger and you will be fine

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search