difference in 03-04 cav's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
difference in 03-04 cav's
Friday, May 07, 2004 7:16 AM
Ok, I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. I own a 2004 Cavalier, but almost every aftermarket part I find is like this and doesn't include 04?

00-03 Cavalier/Sunfire B&M GETRAG Quick Shifter - #02099300
The new B&M quick shifter will have you ripping through gears like never before. This new billet aluminum shifter will replace your tired old plastic shift and supply you with years of driving excitement. This shifter was designed exclusively for the Cavalier and Sunfire with Getdrag Transmission. Direct bolt in installation.
Applications for: 2000-2003 Cavalier 2.2L
2000-2004 Sunfire 2.2L

Price: $157.95

I know the aem CAI won't fit on my car, but my question is what all changed from 2003 to 2004? I thought the gold bowtie in the back was the only change. What are some good mods that definetly fit on my car that some of you have already done?

Some other parts I want to get but aren't sure if they will work are:
B&M shifter (above)
Any Cold air intake ( I don't have ABS)
Header (Weapon R? RK sports?)
motor mounts
carbon fiber hoods

Any input is greatly appreciated.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Re: difference in 03-04 cav's
Saturday, May 08, 2004 1:15 PM
I don't think there were any mechanical changes. There were some color changes, some minor cosmetics (the bowties as you mentioned) and a couple of computer changes at the factory level. The reason aftermarket companies don't tell you whether their part is good for your car or not is that they have not tested them themselves. I bought the ss style hood from RK for the 03 Cavy and I have an 04, it fit just fine. I think that anything for an 03 will fit an 04 or an 05 cavy.
Saturday, May 08, 2004 2:39 PM
okay:
B&M shifter will fit
AEM is developing a CAI that will work with a Cav with no abs. (RKSport's WAI will fit though--I emailed them)
Any ECOTEC header will fit
Lower mount has not changed from 95 on--upper mount is ECOTEC specific
Any hood designed for the 03 will fit--it is the same

also--little extra tidbit----if you plan on buying any type of fenders, do not let some companies overcharge just because they say they will fit specifically the 03 or 04 model----the fenders are the same from 95 on up. I had noticed that a few companies had the 03-04 fenders listed at a higher price, but any 95-04 fender will work

Sunday, May 09, 2004 7:56 AM
Thanks alot for helping to clear this up for me. I just wanted to make sure before I go spending hundreds of dollars on aftermarket parts.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Tuesday, May 18, 2004 4:16 AM
The only difference I found in my 2004 Sunfire, and my wife's 2003 Sunfire, is that the driving lights turn on every time you turn on the headlights, if you leave them on, on the 2003 model, but they turn off every time you turn the headlights off, then on again on the 2004's. I like driving with them on, so this is a bit of a nuisance.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search