Ecotec A/C eliminator pully - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec A/C eliminator pully
Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:56 PM
I have an 03 Cavalier with 2.2L Ecotec and I'm looking into doing the GM performance supercharger kit. The only problem is that we already removed the air conditioning and I am looking for some sort of eliminator pully so I don't have to put the A/C compressor back in the car. Does anyone know anybody that makes one? or where I can get ahold of something that will work? I already looked at www.mantapart.com but they said that they do not make that part anymore.

Re: Ecotec A/C eliminator pully
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:22 AM
you could get a shorter belt

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Monday, May 15, 2006 8:51 AM
Get the shorter belt, I went to pepboys and told them I needed a replacement belt for a 2003 cavalier cavalier ecotec no ac, they had it.

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:03 PM
i already have a shorter belt, but with the supercharger package, the belt routing coming from the supercharger will hit the alternator before it goes to the crank, so i either have to put the a/c compressor back on it, or i need to find someone that makes an idler pully.
Monday, May 15, 2006 2:39 PM
I have seen it before, just not sure where...I know, Im a lot of help.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:23 AM
why not just make one,shouldn't be that hardmeasure from the bolt holes to the center of the pulley bolt and how deep it needs to be by measureing from the center of the pully to the base of the pully shaft,a little fabracation and done just the cost of the steel and pully,i'm sure there is more to this but just an idea

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:26 PM
Someone on eBay had one for sale a few days back, but I don't see it up there anymore. Maybe check back!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search