want as much power with out have to run boost - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
want as much power with out have to run boost
Monday, September 04, 2006 8:27 PM
ok i want to know what all i shold do to my car and about how much power i can look at

ok im looking to mill the head to make more power how much should i have milled and how much power should i look to get out of it

im also going to port the head and add some cams waht are the best cams out there for my 2.2

i want to make as much power with out of the car with out runing a turbo or a super charger or no2 i want it to be all motor seens its just going to be a day driver

Re: want as much power with out have to run boost
Monday, September 04, 2006 8:32 PM
o ye i dont want to touch the bottom end rite now just top end and bolt ones

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:06 PM
A word of advice on OHC engines that is true from the first and remains true to this day.
DON'T MILL THE HEAD!!! changing the thickness of the head changes the timing chain length and therefore the timing. it also makes the tensioner run further out in its travel these are known to have problems so why risk it. If you want to raise the compression change the pistons but don't mill the head.

A good porting job will net you some power but this alone will not be the end all mod.

personally my advice would be make a plan of what you want power wise. make a budget as to what you are willing to spend and stick to it religeously.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:37 PM
well my gole is to go as fast as i can with bolt ons money ant as much as a fac seens i plan to buy a little each pay cheek like im about to order rksport header next payday

like i was looking at that jbp cam stage 3 it says it give 27 hp and i ecm friendly but dont list info about the cam

i would like to see 180-200 hp rite now then spay it with a 60 shot next summer for about 240-260 hp

its all going to be a little at a time seen im still in school and stuff but i want as much as i can get with out messing with the bottom end rite now

Friday, September 08, 2006 12:11 PM
You say you want 240-260 hp ok there is an easy way to get that but it requires some restraint on your behalf. Basically take all the money you were going to buy this mod or that one and save it up for the GM supercharger. It will get you in the ballpark HP wise and be much more reliable than No2. the supercharger is compatible with your stock bottom end and you won't have to touch the engine internally at all. the price is not that bad. $22-2500.

compare this to headwork and cams and intake and.............. the supercharger for the power it makes is DIRT cheap.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:26 PM
ported head
balance shaft delete
cams
intake
header of your choice with full exhaust
lightened flywheel
upgraded clutch
LSD
msd ignition
hp tuners

should be around 170whp or so I'm not sure... I have the same plan for my car just before I go boost but without raising compression with wiseco or comparable pistons you're pissing in the wind

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search