pics of engine - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pics of engine
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:20 PM
does anyone have a pic of their engine with the weapon r intake w/ dragon filter on it....im curios as to how it looks on the car sincei just ordered one....cuz i got ripped off on my AEM one....dont buy from Nicky G!

Re: pics of engine
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:34 PM
weapon -R intake sucks, just wait till you get it and you look inside the elbow, there nice quality casting has the finish about as smotth as a moutain range, flows real well

Monday, February 21, 2005 4:48 PM
well it came in and i instaled, overall im pretty happy

Monday, February 21, 2005 5:52 PM
Darkstars wrote:weapon -R intake sucks, just wait till you get it and you look inside the elbow, there nice quality casting has the finish about as smotth as a moutain range, flows real well

Yeah, I dremeled all that chit out just to find that the kit did not come with the right couplers. the next day AEM needs a car to revise the intake, so I jump on it recieving a CAI.

Guess it worked out for the best.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:33 PM
I ported and polished the elbow on mine as well, my cuoplers were also wrong and becarefull with the thick piece of hose that goes form the intake to cam coover, where it goes onto the cam cover it will split down the side so keep an eye on it

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:45 AM
How close is that to the hood off the throtle body? It seems close.

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:43 AM
pretty tight....i had the clamp turned up so the bolt was facing the hood and it put a nice in the hoodlines, so i turned it down, and now theres no rub, but not much clearance whatsoever
Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:36 PM
Is any one else's weapon r intake scatching there fuse box, or is it just mine, and i have to slam my hood to get it closed, any advise about thses problems

Beware the Rouge Dragon.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 3:18 PM
i had that problem initially, just make sure you pushed the tube into the coupler as far as you can and you should ghave about 1 cm of room between,
Saturday, November 05, 2005 11:55 PM
Dont buy it. End of story its a crap intake if not modified. Id look into getting an aem intake stick with that brand they have quality components. Or you could Think about Turbo I enjoy that intake setup the best

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:36 PM
what does ecotec stand for and how do i make my 2003 cavalier a little more powerful without spending a lot of money can you help me out at all email me at chevy03racer@yahoo.com
Thanks

Robbie

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:58 PM
Here some pics off my CAI, it a AEM, but didn't have any problem so far and fit like a glove...

Club J-Body Delta of Quebec, Montreal Division Event Planner

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:02 PM
Sorry Here the other pics

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:07 AM
Dude, how do you keep your engine compartment so clean, I have 52xxx miles on my car, and the compartment is filthy.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:54 AM
Hey Bertland, - is your valve cover polished, or chromed?

Looking great!

-Mike
SoCalHHR's

-Mike
SoCalHHR's
www.socalhhrs.com
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:14 PM
Mike Pope wrote:Hey Bertland, - is your valve cover polished, or chromed?

Looking great!

-Mike
SoCalHHR's

It polish, I have it done from my friend, he have a Chrome & polishing shop

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:25 AM
WEAPON R intake SUX it dentedf my hood bc of little clearance.....when the engine torque....starting or matting it it smacks the hood....Wearpon R was very uncooperative about this problem.....had to fabricate new intake form old box on throttle body i will post pics soon

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:00 PM
BERTLAND how did u paint the plastic part of your aem intake that looks awesome and i would like to do that to mine myself? do i just primer sand n paint ? thanks
Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:59 AM
i think the aem intake has a nasty bend right before that robs you of good air flow.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:13 AM
BERTLAND your center console,dash, and plastic piece on the aem intake look awesome, i have painted my interior but all i did was just just tape it off and paint, how did you get it soo smooth and to look so good? i mean did u primer sand paint and clear coat? if you could hook me up man that would be awesome i am not that experienced with painting and just want to know how it looks soo good, thanks

Alex

alexstevie6336@yahoo.com
Friday, September 29, 2006 3:25 PM
I sand it, prime and paint it color match.

I start with 320 grid and made my way up to 1000grid, i prime it with a primer putty, it was a pain in the arm but it look nice after

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:26 PM
well hey thanks man I appreciate it did u do the same thing with your interior cause that looks sick did u just primer it sand alot and paint, and if you used a clearcoat how did u use it? i dont have a spray gun for clear coat and was wondering if there was a aerosol can i could buy ? Thanks Bert
Friday, September 29, 2006 8:29 PM
well hey thanks man I appreciate it did u do the same thing with your interior cause that looks sick did u just primer it sand alot and paint, and if you used a clearcoat how did u use it? i dont have a spray gun for clear coat and was wondering if there was a aerosol can i could buy ? Thanks Bert
Friday, September 29, 2006 10:15 PM
Test Test ...lol

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"] Click to see My CARDOMAIN Page

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]1/4 - 13.9 @ 101.6, Best 60ft 2.1840 Performance mods to obtain best times - GMS2 and a K&N drop in filter.
But now GMS2 is SOLD [SIZE="2"]Car needs more work with tune. 13.9 with very rough tune.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]GIMILI Drag Raceway September 29th or BUST

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search