how do i get more power from ecotec 2.2??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how do i get more power from ecotec 2.2???
Saturday, April 23, 2005 8:45 PM
i have a stock cavalier ls 2002 with ecotec 2.2,, 5 speed,, with 30k miles,,,,what can i do to improve performance???header???cams???chips???turbo???

anybody know where to find performance parts for the 2.2ecotec?????

any advice or ideas???? thanks.......

Re: how do i get more power from ecotec 2.2???
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:40 PM
http://www.rksport.com/

http://www.rsmracing.com/

Those should be a good start for you. I'd also recommend looking into getting an AEM Cold Air Intake. It's quite an improvement from stock and makes the car so much more fun to drive.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:50 AM
Save your money and buy a forced induction kit. Whether its a turbo or a supercharger. Ecos handle them well. Easily squeeze 250 from the eco stock internals not as good as the chrysler 2.4 or the 4g63 but decent for coming from chevy.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:13 PM
Monday, May 23, 2005 12:26 PM
http://www.speedmafia.com/cars/SportCompactsCars.htm

Forced Induction is fun and sounds cool!
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:00 PM
depends on what you want to spend...if you have $3xxx go forced induction if not go with aftermarket intake, full exhaust (header-back) , and a larger throttle body/intake manifold, you will notice some good gains but know that there arent many IM's for eco's yet...only the venom i know of, and its a large chunk of change
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:08 PM
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:36 PM
intake 150
header 250
catback 300
throttle body 150
cams 450
pulley 150

For all that you might get 25hp, or for a little more you can get 80+ from custom turbo.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:34 AM
tmnt328 wrote:intake 150
header 250
catback 300
throttle body 150
cams 450
pulley 150

For all that you might get 25hp, or for a little more you can get 80+ from custom turbo.

intake 9hp
header 10hp
catback 10hp
TB 5hp
cams 10hp (estimate, not sure)
pulley 5hp

thats a 49hp increce there. I think cams get 20hp but not sure.
And get upper and lower mounts so that power makes it to thew ground!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:41 PM
No way you will get that much hp outta those mods guarenteed.

You show me a dyno, with each individually, or as a set giving 40 HP even and I will give you much credit.

Add nitrous, fairly cheap, and good hp if you do it right its dependable as well.

And where do you get a TB for 150, i suppose that includes a core charge?

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:46 PM
tb is around 350$ US funds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:10 PM
Ebay......REVCO throttle body for the ecotec without a core is 200 bucks

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:06 AM
i can get throttle body free-jus take mine off and give to a friend of mine and its done-jus gotta get to the point of where i dont wanna drive my car.....

"I can't believe you are doin all this to a Cavalier!"-Everybody Else
"Hey-at least its not a damn civic!!"-ME
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:08 PM
/www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/html/race_shop_build_book.htm.

This is good place to start in deciding how much $$$$$$ you want to spend in developing your ride to make it what you want. For myself, I started with the exhaust system. 2-1/2" exhaust from the header, to the high flow catalytic converter, to the muffler. An aftermarket air intake also helps. I also have an IAT relocation kit from Jet Engineering, an Aeromotive LT-1 adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Denso Iridium spark plugs, RK Sport Ignition boot springs. I'm using Eagle Connecting Rods and Wiseco Pistons in my engine because I'm using a "Wet" NOS system w/Fogger nozzle (26 NOS, 18 Fuel jets). I converted the system from "Dry" (I bought an Edelbrock Dry NOS system for my 03 Cavalier w/2.2L Ecotec engine). The "Wet" system makes better power because it doesn't use a 50 PSI NOS pressure regulator like the "Dry" setup does. Also the ability to change the size of the NOS and fuel jets lets you tailor the system for the power output you want.
There are companies that sell turbo kits and GM is supposed to be coming out with a supercharger kit for Ecotec engines this spring GM # 1780003. Pace Performance has more information on the supercharger kit. GM has other engine parts for Ecotec engines but they aren't the only ones who have engine parts for the Ecotec.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:53 AM
yoU CAN GET SOME ROYAL PURPLE OIL AND TRANS FLIUD AND IT IS PROVEN TO ADD 10HP LESS FRICTION. sPARK PLUGS AND BETTER BOOTS. LOWER ENGINE MOUNT. SHORT RAM OR COLD AIR INTAKE, CHECK OUT COSOMO RACING INTKES AR LEES THE 100.00 AND ARE WELL WORHT IT. aND AS FAR AS THROTTL BODIES WHEN DID CHEVY MAKE A 5.4 THATS A FORD BLOCK THE LAST I KNEW. CHEVY DIPLACEMENT IS 5.0,5.3,5.7.6.0,6.6. THE ODDS OF A THROTTLE BODY FITTING ARE SLIME. BUY YOU MAY TRY A 2.4 TWIN CAM BECAUSE THE 2.2 AND 2.4 ARE VERY SIMULAR. THE VEMON INTAKE IS 599 OR SO I HAVE HEARD. bUT IIF ALL YOU WANT IS TO CRIUSE AND LOOK GOOD MOST KIDS ON THE STREET DON'T HAVE MUCH MORE THAN A NICE BODY A BIG WING BUMBLE BEE EXHAUST . sO SMALL MODES WILL DO FINE FOR STREET DRIVING.
Friday, December 09, 2005 4:28 PM
ezekiel coleman wrote: aND AS FAR AS THROTTL BODIES WHEN DID CHEVY MAKE A 5.4 THATS A FORD BLOCK THE LAST I KNEW. CHEVY DIPLACEMENT IS 5.0,5.3,5.7.6.0,6.6. THE ODDS OF A THROTTLE BODY FITTING ARE SLIME.

you seemed to accidentally hit the caps key and not noticed....think it was possible that he hit the 4 key accidentally instead of the 3?

best bang for your buck is always nitrous, but those other mods will help too, nothing like forced induction though. maybe consider how much you want to spend, gm claims that the stock ecotec is reliable up to 250hp, so thats in the range of 11-12 psi if you look into a turbo or supercharger.

http://www.gravanatuning.com/
always a good place to start.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:11 PM
Also, visit us at www.turbotechracing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search