ECOTEC N00B - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOTEC N00B
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:53 PM
Ok so I have a 2004 Malibu SE with an ECOTEC, I've heard a lot about this engine from previous forums that I am a member of, mostly ford & Honda forums since I also to drive a DURATEC Taurus99', and a D16Z6 VTEC Civic93'. A lot of our comparisons were towards the ECOTEC. Now I know my car is heavier than the sunfire, cavalier, and cobalt, but I'm going to MOD it non the less. I can say it is slower than my Taurus but faster than my Civic. I'm very eager to open her up. Before I do, I have a couple of simple Q's.

How does the ECOTEC sound an open intake(short ram, CAI)
    How does it sound with an open exhaust(I know there r different types i.e. packed, sound deflection...)

My Taurus has more of a Muscle car sound / Dynomax SuperTurbo exhaust, custom CAI (grunts & rumbles)
My Civic has that LOUD obnoxious bumble bee sound / Injen CAI, Skunk2 CAT back (FART CANNON) I'm sure u know.

Any info would be much appreciated, Thanx.

Re: ECOTEC N00B
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:52 PM
well..I have a 03 cavalier .... same engine....and the sound with a short ram intake (K&N typhoon) its really loud when you floor it all the way....and the diff from stock its very noticeable

CaviFL45

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search