Oil - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil
Friday, February 27, 2004 3:08 PM
Sup all. Just got an 04' sunfire. I was wondering if my eco-pals could tell me if i could u fully synthetic oil wit my 2.2L? They say that if your engine isn't ready the oil can leak out of seals. Any help would be great thanx.

Re: Oil
Friday, February 27, 2004 4:17 PM
i went full synthetic on my 1st change (Mobil 1 5W30) 40k later and no problems. <br>

Member of PETA
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals...
Saturday, February 28, 2004 6:31 AM
I just got my 2004 Cavalier, and I'm going to be changing the oil to Mobile 1 Synthetic 5W-30 [Same stuff my dad uses in Corvette] this weekend.
Saturday, February 28, 2004 11:32 AM
I changed to full synth and my car runs great, better in this cold Montana weather I'd say, maybe its just me but the car seems to run stronger under hard levels of driving, but maybe its just me thinking my car is super-fly............................ <br>

Saturday, February 28, 2004 1:22 PM
No your right it should run stonger since it is synthetic it is more fine so there will be less friction. Infact it should be able to run faster and hotter.
Thursday, March 04, 2004 10:03 AM
I plan on changing out the oil to synthetic once the first oil change comes around on my new ION (when I get it that is).
Monday, June 14, 2004 7:22 AM
By far mobil 5-30 is the best I had ever used. I have been using it in my cav's since 99 and the first time I put it into my 91 2.2L I notice a big difference plus they use it in new porsche's!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:29 PM
Well, since my last post, I did purchase an ION sedan, and infact, I have over 7,600 kms on the car now. At 5,000 kms, I switched to Mobil 1 5W 30 synthetic. The car runs smoother (even moreso than it did before) and feels stronger too. I would recommend it myself.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search