Header Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header Question
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a this 4-1 Pacesetter header

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PSM%2D72C1279&N=700+4294908216+4294907963+4294924642+4294869664+4294918680+115&autoview=sku

I was told to change the motor mount first. I would like to avoid this if possible but I also dont want any contact. Does the motor mount HAVE to be changed? And if so is it just the lower or both? Also how hard of an install is it for this header?

Thanks as always

Re: Header Question
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:11 PM
They probably said change the motor mount to a stiffer one so the flex pipe doesn't rub against the firewall when the engine rocks/moves. I don't think that was a issue with this header but I'm not 100%. You should be ok.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, April 27, 2007 11:51 AM
they reccomend replacing the motor mounts because it has a ball joint where the downpipe connects to the actually header i reccomend getting another brand header because with the movement it will cause the exhaust to twist and hang really low.

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:57 PM
made my exhaust move and not line up at all with the cut out in my rear lip, but that was an easy fix...... when it comes tot he install it wasnt that hard, the header bolts came off for me pretty easy but fitment was an issue as it was a good 2 inches short to reach my exhaust which was not stock at the time.... as for the mounts, I still have my stock ones in and have not noticed anything and dont see there being a problem as it is no where close to comeing in contact with anything.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search