Tsudo Gasket - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tsudo Gasket
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:11 PM
I'm fairly new to installing a header and how the gasket actually works. What would exactly happen if the gasket were to blow? What would the motor do or not do???

Re: Tsudo Gasket
Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:14 PM
If a gasket goes, there would be a exhaust leak.

Which gasket are you talking about anyways?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:03 PM
I just ordered a mimousa header for my 2.2 ecotec engine. I figured i'd have the whole exhaust system done. I'm not going to install any of it on my own though, i dont know anything about headers, and the exhaust would be hard to install cause its hard to get under a car.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!
Friday, June 08, 2007 7:57 AM
I just bought a gasket as well. They seem easy enough to install, they go on before the headers to seal the movement from engine to headers. I have a question about the exhaust though. I bought that Vibrant Exhaust and i was wondering if a new catalytic converter came with the exhaust or if i should buy a new one of those? If its not mandatory, Would that increase the performance as well?

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!
Monday, June 11, 2007 10:30 AM
from what i hear, stock cat converter is good enough for the vibrant catback and i hear you also lose sound quality and power by getting an aftermarket one.
Monday, June 25, 2012 9:50 PM
silver03cava wrote:I'm fairly new to installing a header and how the victor gaskets actually works. What would exactly happen if the gasket were to blow? What would the motor do or not do???

Exhaust leak would be the thing that you should be expecting if your gasket blows. So for that not to happen, go for gaskets that really lasts longer that the average one does.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search