knocking noise... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
knocking noise...
Sunday, July 11, 2004 7:15 PM
I just notice this week that i was a really small knocking noise in the engine bay when the engine is at cold and fades out when hot.

i was wondering if i were the only 1 experiencing this problem... I was at first saying it was normal cuse of the aluminium block.

Re: knocking noise...
Monday, July 12, 2004 2:09 PM
Not sure, my engine has a kind of clicking, but its barely audible, my friends say I'm hearing things, but it seems to go away when the engine warms up.............so maybe were talking about the same thing?? Im like WTF on this topic also............... <br>

Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:49 AM
glad im not the only 1 saying WTF !?!
Friday, August 27, 2004 10:13 PM
Same here, although not really a knock, but more of a click/tick thats only there on start up, and it goes away after about 30 seconds. It just started doing this about a month ago, and I have about 45k on the car. I've already had the valve cover off and have gone over the whole top end and everything checks out ok, So I'm thinking it's something in the bottom end, My guess would be either piston slap, or a bad or worn/loose wrist pin? BTW what years are you guys Ecos, mine is a 02 and my engine was built in June I believe....

Later
Skinny J

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Monday, August 30, 2004 11:43 PM
yo
I got the same thing, I beleive its completely normal tho
Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:03 AM
mine has made that sound ever sine I put my 3rd motor in the car and ran a 75 shot for about 20 bottles in only a few months... wonder why. still pulls the same 1/4 times so i dunno
Wednesday, September 01, 2004 7:34 PM
I don't know it really kinda bothers me, cause if it was something normal, I think it would have been doing that long before 38k. Who knows I"m gonna prob rebuilt it here this winter anyhow (11:1, 2 over bore, fully balanced, P&P and comp cams, along with more juice!) so maybe I find out then why it's doin that.

Later
Skinny J

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search