pb blasted the header bolts.. and piston question. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pb blasted the header bolts.. and piston question.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:09 PM
Alright well i got pb blaset and liquid wrench the other day. I decided i'd give the bolts a good spray down .. i mixed it up a lot.. liquid wrench and pb blaser sprayed together on the bolts.. but mostly pb blaster. I noticed a big difference in the decrease of rust on the bolts so i definitely think the dc sport header i have will be able to be put on now, no excuses, i hope not. How long should i let the car sit with the pb blaset and liquid wrench on them bolts? and would it be a bad idea to start the car? i think so, so how long should i let it sit and how would i get some of the pb blaser and liquid wrench off of the bolts and everything so it would be safe to start, seeing that they are both flammable?

About the pistons, i was thinking about going hahn turbo stage 1 ecotec automatic, and i was wondering if i would have to upgrade the pistons with the installation of this turbo kit? if the stock pistions will still work that'll be a great help money wise.

Thanks for all the help, and thank you guys for suggesting pb blaster, i definitely think that out did the liquid wrench.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: pb blasted the header bolts.. and piston question.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007 9:52 PM
Get the Stage 2, the Stage 1 is non-intercooled.

No, you don't have to change your pistons if you stay at what is recommended by Hahn.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search