2.0L and 2.2L questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0L and 2.2L questions
Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:10 PM
im assuming that sence the 03+ Saab 2.0L intake manifold is a direct bolt on, the exhaust manifold will bolt up too. am i right? also what kind of turbo bolts to it? mitsubishi or a T3? or something else. ok and my final question for the night where do u guys get your downpipes?

Re: 2.0L and 2.2L questions
Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:52 PM
Yes, the manifold fits.

The manifold that is used on the Saab's LK9 engine utilizes a 3 bolt triangular flange and the turbo that comes stock on the vehicle is a Mitsubishi TD04 Turbocharger. It's on the small side. There are different versions of the TD04 and I honestly don't remember which version it is but they are all relatively...just small.

You would have to find a turbocharger that has the same flange style in order for it to bolt up to the manifold...which...is not many (hell, I don't even know any). Most aftermarket turbochargers stick with the 4 bolt rectangular "T3" style flange because it's very popular and widely used.

There are no aftermarket "downpipes" that I have seen for the Saab's. Even if there was, there would probably have to be a different one used on your vehicle being that it's a different engine bay and exhaust routing is more than likely different (even if it's by inches).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, July 22, 2007 6:24 PM
i found hahn racecraft 16g and 20g turbos, would these bolt to the saab manifold?
Sunday, July 22, 2007 8:54 PM
Kyle Hinkley wrote:i found hahn racecraft 16g and 20g turbos, would these bolt to the saab manifold?

Not without fabrication.

The saab manifold (like said) has a 3-bolt triangular flange. The turbochargers that Hahn sells (16G, 20G) come with T3 style flanges which are 4 bolt and rectangular.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search