Very Interesting way to reach your HP goal. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Very Interesting way to reach your HP goal.
Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:25 PM
I have been reading the much to do in many of the topics across the forums on this site. As my search for HP continues, I find myself seeing the same question over and over again... How can I increase my horsepower without spending a lot of cash?
People paaaalllllllleeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee stop the insanity.
You can not increase your HP without spending some coin on the deal. More power equates to more money.
As I continued my search for some ideas for my not too many bolt ons and non cooperative ride (05 Saturn Ion), I found a topic that Adam gave a great rule of thumb to follow.
First you must have a goal for HP. My goal for instance is 225 to 250 max without using nitrous in my ride. Beginning at 140HP stock, I am not that far off. However, I am not that naive to not realize that in order to get there it's going to cost.
Once you set a goal to reach, Adam states you should ask these questions....
- Can I afford to reach my goal? (yes)
- How much money will it take to reach my goal? (5-6k and that's just for the HP...That's not including any pimping of the ride)
- Is my goal reasonable to reach? (yes)
- Will I have the help to reach that goal or can I do this by myself? (I will need some form of help)
- Is my car worth investing this much money into? (For me it is....not looking to get rid of her no time soon.)

For me the answer is simple to all of these Q's.... As for you, if you have answered with doubts to any of these Q's, then you simply need to re-adjust your goal so it can match your pockets. If you have lets say, 100 bux, then don't expect to have the fast and the furious in your driveway. Adding any amount of HP will cost, but adding a significant amount of HP (like 100 ponies or more) without doing a significant amount of damage to your engine is going to cost a good amount of change. Moreover, doing the job right is most certainly going to put you in the 5k or more range.

I hope this helps clear up the the very tired question of ... How can I increase my horsepower without spending a lot of cash?

Adam...Thanks for the input.....

ED

It's not how fast you go...But how you go fast.

Re: Very Interesting way to reach your HP goal.
Friday, August 31, 2007 8:08 AM
Welcome. Trust me, I say the same thing atleast 2 times a week on multiple forums.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search