bigger broed tb - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bigger broed tb
Thursday, August 23, 2007 6:46 PM
whatsup, i found a 69mm to a 60 to a 62 mm throttle body for the 2.2L ecotec engine and i was wondering if it'd be okay to buy a throttle body with the variation in diameter? Also, i heard that some people have a problem with the greater air flow and the fuel wont be supplied as abundantly as the air is, is that true? Or could i buy this tb hook it up and call it a day, no problems? I think it was referred to as limp mode, too much air in the engine? I dont wanna spend a great amount of money and have to us the stock tb anyways?

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: bigger broed tb
Friday, August 24, 2007 5:54 PM
62 MM is the largest you would ever want on your setup...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:54 PM
when they give you the varying sizes on the throttle body, the 69MM is where the air would enter form you cold air intake, then the 60MM is where the butterfly is, and the 62MM is where it tapers back out as it enters the manifold through the butterfly. the fuel delivery problem could be solved with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and possibly bigger fuel injectors just to make sure everything's evenly balanced. I'm not 100% on that, but I'm pretty sure that's the extent to make it all work!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:47 PM
just put it on the computer will give what it needs.you are only doing the tb to a bored out one not like a ls1 or anything it will be fine!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:57 PM
Brad, it's not necessarily about fuel enrichment but more about the change in air intake velocity. The larger, the slower velocity build up will occur and it will start to shift his powerband upwards.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search