grounding kits = shaking engine - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
grounding kits = shaking engine
Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:02 AM
do grounding kits make the engine shake because i saw this rsx type-s that i was lookin to buy and it has motor mounts, intake, exhaust, headers, and a grounding kit but the salesman said the shaking was caused by the grounding kit and was totally reversable...not sure if i believe him. could any of u offer an end to my confusion!!!!

Re: grounding kits = shaking engine
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:55 PM
That makes no sense...

The MOTOR mounts being stiffer would transfer the vibration elsewhere instead of the engine slightly rocking. The vibrations would transfer to your chassis and essentially the rest of the car.

Don't listen to 98% of car salesmen when it comes to car tech talk.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, November 05, 2007 10:02 AM
Broken motor mount would equal shaking. Besides why are we talking about an RSX here?

Monday, November 05, 2007 1:13 PM
A shaking engine could also have to do with timing being off or even a broken plug wire or spark plug. One of the cylinders could even possibly not be firing but the car can still run just not at its maximum potential. I have seen a car run on 2 cylinders before so I would take a close look into the car before purchasing it.
Monday, November 05, 2007 10:43 PM
the whole car shakes when the engine is on especially when the a/c is on, about me bringing up the rsx...well, i just think i need more car for what im payin a month...dont get me wrong i love the eco cav, this thing hauls ass and not many people around where i live have a fixed up cav, but $400 a month for a cavalier is a little too much for the car i think so i was looking into tradin it in for either that 02 rsx type-s or a badass 04 GTO they got there that they said if i trade in my cav the payments a month would be $435 a month....$35 more than im payin now!!! hell yea, but i know gas is gonna kill me, they also have a srt-4 so i dont really know which one to chose...well this is gettin off topic and i figure it will be placed under the "off-topic" forum....thanks for everything tho, duece
Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:27 AM
turboteabag wrote:the whole car shakes when the engine is on especially when the a/c is on, about me bringing up the rsx...well, i just think i need more car for what im payin a month...dont get me wrong i love the eco cav, this thing hauls ass and not many people around where i live have a fixed up cav, but $400 a month for a cavalier is a little too much for the car i think so i was looking into tradin it in for either that 02 rsx type-s or a badass 04 GTO they got there that they said if i trade in my cav the payments a month would be $435 a month....$35 more than im payin now!!! hell yea, but i know gas is gonna kill me, they also have a srt-4 so i dont really know which one to chose...well this is gettin off topic and i figure it will be placed under the "off-topic" forum....thanks for everything tho, duece

You must have a high interest...that's mega expensive for (no offense) not such a great vehicle.

Just make a wise decision, don't jump into anything you can't handle.

Back on topic

It's shaking because of the motor mounts, not because of the grounding kit.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search