Water/Methanol injection? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water/Methanol injection?
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ran a water/methanol injection setup on one of the 2.0 supercharged cobalts. if so what results have you had?

Re: Water/Methanol injection?
Friday, October 05, 2007 10:54 AM
Just curious, what kind of setup do you have?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, October 05, 2007 1:57 PM
nothing yet... just doing my research
Saturday, October 06, 2007 5:28 AM
I know plenty of guys who have done this with great results as far as lower temperatures but they are or were running smaller pulley setups.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 5:00 PM
thats what i plan on doing... an all bolt on car with stock internals and head. full exhaust, smaller pulley and possibly water/methanol injection.

what i really should have asked is how does it do compared to nitrous on these cars. although its kinda apples to oranges, but their both power adders...
Monday, October 08, 2007 10:52 PM
ive been doing a lot of research on water/meth injection and i see no adverse effects. it sounds perfect. and i am definetly going to do it.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:40 AM
If I needed it, I'd use it too but just not as my primary source of cooling.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:28 PM
i like how well it controls detonation and raises compression. lets the timing stay less retarded... better performance
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:15 AM
drew henderson wrote:i like how well it controls detonation and raises compression. lets the timing stay less retarded... better performance

It won't raise your compression

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:12 PM
sorry... i meant allows you to run higher compression, not it raises compression itselfe.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:35 PM
drew henderson wrote:sorry... i meant allows you to run higher compression, not it raises compression itselfe.

Oh ok, gotcha.

Saturday, November 03, 2007 5:46 PM
I'm running a coolingmist trunk mount system with a 2.9 pulley on a stage II cobalt SS/SC. I really like it!
Friday, November 09, 2007 8:31 PM
how does the car run when it sprays? is it like nitrous? or does it ease into the power more?
Friday, November 30, 2007 10:16 PM
i was doing some more research on this. aparently me refering to it as a "power adder" is quite inacurate. but either way it still seems like an excelent system to use on a roots supercharger.
Friday, November 30, 2007 10:43 PM
Drew, check out this thread too...

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4533

Saturday, December 01, 2007 8:23 PM
thanks for the link

from what ive gathered from my own research the water actually absorbs heat during cumbustion (instead of the cylinder walls) and is exhausted. so the waters purpose isnt only to lower intake temps but to also cool the engine itselfe. the methanol does the obvious of lowering intake temps, raising octane, and of course burning as a fuel.

ive heard that many people now are just running pure methanol injection. it has the same benifits as the water/meth minus the heat absorbtion by the water.
Sunday, December 02, 2007 8:47 AM
Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see it used.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search