performance crate engines? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
performance crate engines?
Thursday, November 01, 2007 7:35 PM
Great web site! Have learned alot in my qwest for info on these engines. My plan-- have 71 chevy vega that I currently drag race with small block power(11.7 at 114)-- would like to build ecotec with turbo/5 speed to run comparatively. What do I start with for a engine(crate ,specific car/year)?? Will most likely use msd setup for ignition/ efi? Any suggestions definitely helpful as most info I have seen is for FWD production cars and not engine swaps into older vehicles. You know cosworth vegas had engines somewhat similar to the 2.2 dohc ecotecs and would like to take my vega back to something different than just another v8-vega. Thanks to all.

Re: performance crate engines?
Friday, November 02, 2007 6:20 PM
You could look into the LNF motor. It's stock 2.0L turbocharged. It's also RWD.

Features: Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, November 02, 2007 5:32 PM
What is the LNF engine? Do you know the horsepower rating? This will mostly be a drag car with occasional street use to cruise nights.I know very little about these engines but they seem pretty simple . Are there any rear sump oil pans available?Would like to start with a new solstice/sky turbo/5 speed but that might be out of reach since they are just a few years old. where can I find website links for aftermarket parts? thanks.
Friday, November 02, 2007 6:40 PM
mike allen wrote:What is the LNF engine? Do you know the horsepower rating? This will mostly be a drag car with occasional street use to cruise nights.I know very little about these engines but they seem pretty simple . Are there any rear sump oil pans available?Would like to start with a new solstice/sky turbo/5 speed but that might be out of reach since they are just a few years old. where can I find website links for aftermarket parts? thanks.

The LNF is what is in the Sky Redline/Solstice GXP

There isn't much aftermarket for it yet cause of the computer and it being direct injected

260 HP/ 260 lbs of torque

Not sure on the oil pan question

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search