MANTAPART - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MANTAPART
Friday, February 08, 2008 11:32 AM
hey just wondering if anybody has bought engine parts from this company and any thoughts? I looked at the bbb report which doesnt look to good but i didnt know if these reports meant the people never got the product or it was just late? because on the website it says parts are custom ordered any may take 3-4 weeks or more to deliver? any help thanks just looking for a good dealer to get all my ecotec performance parts

Re: MANTAPART
Friday, February 08, 2008 2:39 PM
yeah stay away as I recall. do a search over on www.j-body.org for them all forums all dates exclude replies

Friday, February 08, 2008 7:30 PM
cool thanks, im just dissappointed on there website they have basically anything for the ecotec engine and now i dont know where to get half of the parts or they will have to be fabricated.
Friday, February 08, 2008 7:33 PM
what are you looking for ? I know where to get a ton o stuff

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:04 PM
well im going to turbocharging my car sometime in the next year and was trying to find some good prices if possible for some forged pistons stock bore or 20 oversize, forged rods, eagle crankshaft, bronze valve guides, retainers,performance valves i dont know what kind to get as valves, sodium filled exhaust valves? or all ferrera stainless valves? even though there like 500 dollars
Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:00 PM
talk to the guys at www.allecotec.com they can get you going in the right direction.
good people to deal with.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:07 AM
Mantapart = No good my friend

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:16 AM
Noob here. Been on and off of this site for quite some time and have learned alot of things that I have put to good use....So thanks to all.

I own a 2003 Saturn Ion QC 2.2 engine, that I am building a cylinder head for using after market parts. Not looking for high end race performance stuff since I use it as a daily driver. Keeping stock valve train except want to upgrade the valves. While looking to see if there is any other option other than LSJ Valves because the intakes are costly, or Ferrea valves I accross the follwing

http://www.allecotec.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_60&products_id=115
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with theses valves? I can't find out who makes them or any specs on them.

I'm not building anything that will ever put out more than 200-225 horses.
Adding stage 1 comp cams
adjustable cam gears
Stock springs
Stock rockers or followers
Stock valve lash adjusters
Don't have Nitrous and don't plan on it.
No turbo or supercharging of any kind.
Just some good old engine/ecm tuning.

Thanks Again.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:04 PM
gabe torrillo wrote:Noob here. Been on and off of this site for quite some time and have learned alot of things that I have put to good use....So thanks to all.

I own a 2003 Saturn Ion QC 2.2 engine, that I am building a cylinder head for using after market parts. Not looking for high end race performance stuff since I use it as a daily driver. Keeping stock valve train except want to upgrade the valves. While looking to see if there is any other option other than LSJ Valves because the intakes are costly, or Ferrea valves I accross the follwing

http://www.allecotec.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_60&products_id=115
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with theses valves? I can't find out who makes them or any specs on them.

I'm not building anything that will ever put out more than 200-225 horses.
Adding stage 1 comp cams
adjustable cam gears
Stock springs
Stock rockers or followers
Stock valve lash adjusters
Don't have Nitrous and don't plan on it.
No turbo or supercharging of any kind.
Just some good old engine/ecm tuning.

Thanks Again.

call Karo at All ecotec, talk to him, he can give you the info your looking for. like I said good people to deal with and knowledgeable too. I have dealt with them several times over the years, always professional. check out SI valves as well not too costly and a good product from what I hear.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:38 PM
Cinny wrote:check out SI valves as well not too costly and a good product from what I hear.

Thanks for the info
At the sake of sounding stupid: what is "SI valves"?
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:54 PM
hey no offense but havent allecotec.com only been open like a year? owned by carcustoms.com?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:04 PM
Alex Currington wrote:hey no offense but havent allecotec.com only been open like a year? owned by carcustoms.com?

same people, allecotec just caters to us, vs many others cars. car customs has always had a good rep

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:41 PM
I can vouch for Karo @ allecotec and carcustoms...... I've been buying from him for YEARS. Great guy.

Mantapart...... IF you do any business with them, do COD!!! I've heard WAY to many horror stories (even have a couple of my own) about them over the years.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:37 AM
Mataparts' are good....if you can actually get them after you pay for them.
COD is the only way buy anything from them anymore.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search