misfire - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
misfire
Friday, February 15, 2008 3:08 PM
is a flywheel or a bad exhaust flow can make misfire? when im idling I heard sometime once in my rev and check engine light up. can it be just one injector or it is something else. I change my spark plugs and my ignition under warranty but I over 60000Km $$$$$

Re: misfire
Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:06 AM
Flywheel? No.

It could literally be a bunch of different things causing a misfire. Did your check engine light blink or just come on and stay?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:36 AM
CEL doesnt blink just come on and stay
Monday, February 18, 2008 9:40 AM
hucker . wrote:CEL doesnt blink just come on and stay

Then you don't have a misfire. Misfires cause your check engine light to blink on and off. If it's staying, you're throwing a code and you need to get your computer to get scanned.

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:46 AM
I have scanned twice with misfiring. on a trip a 500miles tech show on is scan a average of 1200 per cylinder but can feel it the engine run like a charm to me. but after this trip a got a p300 and cat code. I m going back tomorrow at saturn garage.

by the way thx for quick answer NJHK
Monday, February 18, 2008 6:49 PM
hucker . wrote:I have scanned twice with misfiring. on a trip a 500miles tech show on is scan a average of 1200 per cylinder but can feel it the engine run like a charm to me. but after this trip a got a p300 and cat code. I m going back tomorrow at saturn garage.

by the way thx for quick answer NJHK

Quick note: Scan tools are very general for all kind of OBDII cars. For some cars, this code means one thing than another code on another car, that's why you might have gotten a misfire code. I personally got a CEL on and went to auto zone and it listed possible piston ring issue, catalytic converter issue, misfire code and like 2 other options. Turned out to be a clogged cat when I took it to the Mitsubishi dealership.

You're welcome.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:25 AM
they reprogammed my pcm with a ''pacht'' made for my model and year. how long the cel will not light on. start the bet at 10$ can
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:46 AM
No clue

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:00 PM
if u got a cat code check the O2 sensors
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search