TSUDO Noise - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TSUDO Noise
Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:56 PM
Hi all, I'm new the forum.

I own a 2004 Sunfire and I recently installed a TSUDO header. Might I first say... what a pain to get installed! I still have the stock cat and muffler still installed. My question is reagarding the sound of the engine and exhaust with the header installed. When the car idles and up until about 2000 RPM the under hood and inside the car sounds are pretty quiet. Once I hit the gas however the sound is louder than the stock manifold. Is this normal? I have checked about 10 times for leaks everywhere and I am 99% positive there is no leaks. I even went as far as to hold a carbon monixide alarm over the motor while reving. The stock manifold and the stock pipe used is considerably thicker than the TSUDO pipes. I guess I am just looking for peace of mind knowing this is normal. This is my first header on any car I've owned, so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks.

Re: TSUDO Noise
Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:12 PM
It should be louder if i recall. You should be able to notice the difference between a leak and just louder exhaust. If the stock manifold is thicker, than there would be less noise coming out? I think. Hope that helps some.
Re: TSUDO Noise
Friday, March 28, 2008 8:43 AM
anytime you open up your exhaust(i.e. header, larger cat-back hogh flow cat) your exhaust will get louder. your fine enjoy your new noise maker.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search