i need help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i need help
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:04 PM
okay i have a 2003 2.2 ecotec i made it into a dirt track racer on a 3/8mile race track and we can not use turbos or supercharers and i can only have 200 lbs. combution and i need a cheap way to boost my performance maybe a chip or a computer idk this engine is new to me and i dont want to put that much money into it i was thinking around $1000 tops so if anyone has any suggestions please tell me thanks

Re: i need help
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:05 PM
thats pretty cool you made it into a dirt track car, what I would suggest is getting Hp tuners which is the laptop program to reprogram the ecu and maybe rksport or turbotechracing upper and lower engine mounts? that would probably be around $900 right there I guess that would be the best deal for your money or you could probably go allot of differant ways, intake, header, catback, or for 1,300 you can get a new head i dont think its the lost foam type, but its port n polished and performance springs, valves, valve seats and keepers. dont remember what they are if there ferrea or not. good luck if you have some pics that would cool I would like to see it
Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:18 PM
i just put some up on my profile it was a hell of a time
well the thing is i dont want to get a hp tunerfor that much i would like to spend that money on someting else and would u know someone or some shop that would be able to just reprogram it instead of me buying a new one
i also have a spare engine that i took apart and i was thinking of milling the head on it to about .015 i was just wondering what you think the best performance would be at if i milled the head
Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:20 PM
i also already have an intake for it and i just put a strait pipe all the way back
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search