ETHANOL - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ETHANOL
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:59 PM
I'd like to try to "experiment" with running Ethanol in my 2.2 Eco. We have a local gas station that sells E85, which is 2.99 a gallon. I never let my tank get below 1/4, and I want to try adding 1 or 2 gallons and the rest with regular. Any suggestions, ideas, comments?

Re: ETHANOL
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:31 PM
a little bit like that shouldn't hurt a thing but remember it takes more ethanol to get the same power as gas. so while it cost less you burn more
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:42 PM
even though I wish I could just run ethanol in my car too its not really cost effective. to run E85 you have to basically change the whole fuel system. I didnt know if ya knew but regular gas has 10% ethanol in it. you can purchase a kit that some aftermarket companys make for around $2,000 dollars.also ethanol a/f ratio is like 9.7 to I i think, but it also lets you advance timing to take advantage of the 100 octane(varies).
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:11 PM
ethanol as a liquid is extremly corrosive...more then gas and would not be suggested to go in your tank. The GM E85 product line carry different tanks,line,injectors then what is in the traditional tahoe,impala, or burban do.
Friday, May 09, 2008 2:41 PM
I run straight E85 in my 2005 Sunfire. I get 28 MPG and save a ass ton of money doing it. Only thing I changed is my computer cal with HP Tuners.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:24 AM
well jeremy is your fuel system approved to run e-85? like on the gas cap it says you can put E-85 in it, casue if not its gonna eat away your fuel system
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search