Performance Mods To Get Me In the 15's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Performance Mods To Get Me In the 15's
Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:18 AM
Sup Everyone Im New And I Was Wondring If anyone knew How to Get A Stock Cobalt Automatic Into The Mid 15's.I Hit 16.7 right Now And Does Anyone Know If Headers,Intake,and Exhaust will Get Me To My Goal.

Re: Performance Mods To Get Me In the 15's
Monday, July 14, 2008 6:47 AM
a 60hp even dry will put you there, and the exhaust intake and header would help, but the best mod to ecotec i found was ignition, a spark booster, unless you have the 4 coil set up, you did not give year.
Monday, July 14, 2008 12:48 PM
I Have An 06 Cobalt.Wouldnt Nos Mess Up My Engine since im bone stock
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:45 AM
the ecotec stock will handle 125 wet shot but pushing the engine a wet 60 shot should be fine, but if you take it to dealer for service you must remove system, or hide lines and most you can, i put most of it under car and behind computer but i have ion, and you should have coil on plug, i think that started 06. i would run one step cooler plug too. and just for info i have ran 80 shot dry with no problems, but it depends alot on the elements, like temp, humidity, alot. but a 60 wet will put you right where you want to be. and the auto love nos, and you can burn around 3,200. if you foot brake your car and hold to floor of line at a track it will jump right to 2,800. you might need better tires if you still have stock, the torque boost will kill the factory junk. also i use zex kits personally but nx makes kit with the barb fitting to run wet, but you will have to cut fuel line or i buy the earls adapters to run the t. good luck
Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:58 PM
it might get you close. I have a friend with a cobalt that runs 16 flat every race with an exhaust, header,and cold air intake but he has the manual.
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:39 PM
intake would help, exhaust would help, but dropping a full second is difficult without a considerable power adder like nos or forced induction. some easy and relatively cheap mods for the 1/4 would be...

intake
exhaust
smaller tires
trifecta tune depending on your year
throttle body, but not too big...
2.4 manifold swap
header
high flow cat
remove back seat and spare

leave the car in drive down the track too. i have found if i shift at redline i trap higher speeds than if i push past redline. i have a 5speed tho

i have some of these on the cav and i went from a 16 flat to a 15.1. yes i got more experience each time down the track, so the driver mod plays a part...
anyways goodluck with your goal, mid 15s would show some 4s in your neighborhood the potential of the ecotec

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search