PnP Head - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PnP Head
Monday, August 16, 2004 8:49 PM
Anyone have one of these installed? What kind of gains can be seen i the eco from this? I see that RSM charges about $1400 CDN to get this done - a little much for me.

On a side note, anyone know how much I could expect to pay for a used eco engine (say off of a wrecked car or something). I'd much rather buy the engine, and PnP the head myself (and buy myself I mean by my friends

<br>

Re: PnP Head
Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:50 PM
All I can say is that my car is beastly with the cams and port matching that I had done... wasn't really expensive either...

A used Eco engine, figure on 500... probably cheaper depending who you get it from...
<br>

Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:55 PM
cavfire - could I have more details? You'll have to bear with me, I am kinda new to this stuff... what exactly did you do? Did you do the port-matching yourself? andy idea on costs would be appreciated as well....

I didn't think I'd be able to get an engine that cheap. Man I gotta start looking harder... none of the wreckers around here had any eco's

<br>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:29 AM
I asked a local yard about it, since they had one and the guy told me 500.

I had a local speed shop do the PnP on the Eco head... they only charged me 175 to do all 8 ports. I didnt have any valve angle work or anything like that. My cams were cheaper than most since I bought the GM cam blanks and then had Comp Cams custom grind them. I think I ended up paying 300ish total.

I am running roughly 155 HP to the wheels (the Ecos are roughly 119 stock)... and I ran past an Aurora on a curve (suspension mods RULE) and then once we hit the straight away, we were both wide open and he couldnt make up any ground... So yeah, pretty happy for $500 worth of mods
<br>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004 11:27 AM
check out streetdesignauto.com. They do porting and polishing for GM applications. I think they can do stage 1 and stage 2 only for the ecotecs, but their turn around time is pretty good. Also, not expensive either. They are located near Buffalo which is convenient for us Canadian folks.
Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:43 PM
03 Cav Fire wrote:I asked a local yard about it, since they had one and the guy told me 500.

I had a local speed shop do the PnP on the Eco head... they only charged me 175 to do all 8 ports. I didnt have any valve angle work or anything like that. My cams were cheaper than most since I bought the GM cam blanks and then had Comp Cams custom grind them. I think I ended up paying 300ish total.

I am running roughly 155 HP to the wheels (the Ecos are roughly 119 stock)... and I ran past an Aurora on a curve (suspension mods RULE) and then once we hit the straight away, we were both wide open and he couldnt make up any ground... So yeah, pretty happy for $500 worth of mods

What profile did you get from comp on the cams and what did you set your timing gears at for int/exh? <br>

2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Mods: Weapon R Hyper Intake - RSM 62MM TB - Cat-back w/ Dynomax Super Turbo - Eibach Pro-Kit - B&M Shifter - Advanti's w/ Michelin XGT 225/45/17 - F/R STB - KYB GR2's - Next Level Sway Bar
Monday, August 23, 2004 9:06 AM
I havent changed the cam gears yet... I'm just trying to get the friggin car done... lol
<br>

Monday, August 30, 2004 8:05 PM
cav fire: What are the specs on your cams.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search