Engine internal advice - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine internal advice
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:43 AM
I have a 2005 2.2 L automatic Cavalier. I am looking into replacing all the internals with aftermarket. But the problem is I want to bore it out and have it ported and polished. Can anyone advise me on the ratios and how many mm I need the bore and such safely but as much as possible. I am still in the planing stage and I can't figure out what a safe but powerful bore would be so I can order the forged pistons and sleeves the right size. Aswell if anyone could give me advice on the piston sleeves that would be helpful, Like keeping the stock ones or replacing them. I never really messed with boring cylinders and such before. I am looking for 200-250 hp naturally aspirated from the stock 140 hp then piecing together a turbo for 350 - 400 hp gain..... And oddly enough the turbo is the easy part I got that figured out. But um if you think I can aspire it higher with boring or engine internals my ears are open. I so want to smoke my friends S2000 down at heartland park raceway he dosn't think it could be done at all in my cavalier!

Re: Engine internal advice
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:48 PM
Ok boring cylinders bad idea port and polishing good idea, why does it take like a entire day to find out just a scrap of valuable info on the internet. Well then again I am coming onto another roadblock. Anyone have any links for dynos or specs for the stage 1-3 cams and ratio advice on the pistions? I need abit more detailed explanation than i can find on the internet!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search