2.4 L Ecotec Supercharged?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 L Ecotec Supercharged??
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Back in 2007 I purchassed my Saturn Ion 3 with 2.4L Ecotec Engine with VVT.

Today, I wish to get some more info as I saw on Youtube, some people out there are adding just a simple Supercharger Blower that looks identical to the one in the 2.0 L Ecotec Supercharged.

I just want to safely get a litle more kick out of the 170 Hp. Nothing too complicated, and do not whant to blow up the engine!

I have found a website that list a part number from GM #1780003. It says its a supercharger for 2.2 L Ecotec from 2003 to 2005. Now would that be just a simple bolt on etc?? 2.2L Ecotec and 2.4 Ecotec are mainly same block as for what I know, so would it work on a 2.4L Ecotec???

Or Can I just get an Supercharger from a 2.0 L Ecotec Supercharged that will do the same or is the same?? I'm confused.

http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Acces...-supercharger/

Thanks much appreciated,

Samuel

Re: 2.4 L Ecotec Supercharged??
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:09 PM
Friday, July 11, 2008 5:11 AM
Go to ecotecforum.com. Go to forums. I think there is a post about supercharging the 2.4. However, I believe the part number you have posted is for cavaliers and sunfires. So, you would need some sort of fuel control, like a stand alone fuel management system, or hp tuners, if they have a program for your car yet.

The charger from the cobalt's does fit onto a cavalier/sunfire, but you need a bunch of other parts as well. Better to buy a kit then piece one together, unless you have a scrap ss/sc or redline.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:46 PM
That kit will not work on your 2007 2.4 liter Ion.
The reason is, you have the drive by wire, and this kit is for a cable actuated throttle.
On top of it, the reflash for it is not going to work on a 2.4 ECU.

2003 Sunfire with 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping, 2 1/2 inch resonator, a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/2 inch down-pipe, a 4:2:1 RK Sports 'clone' header, E-bay strut brace, ground wire kit and an AEM true cold air intake NOPI edition.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:10 PM
The kit will work. The LSJ TB are drive by wire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search