Header for ecotec cavy - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header for ecotec cavy
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:44 PM
I just bought a 4-2-1 header for my 2004 ecotec cavalier. The same design as the one from rksports. I was wondering if anybody has any trouble, problems, or anything of that sort with them. I was also wondering the good things. If u have any information about making the install easier wether i should wrap the header if i need to get i different cat just general information. thanks

Re: Header for ecotec cavy
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:17 PM
I have heard taking your valve cover off and the upper mount off helps a lot. But you will have to support your engine with a floor jack with a block of wood on it. GL
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:16 PM
um ok. I dont see how taking off my upper mount will help but ok. And the valve cover thing wouldnt give me that much more room. But i will see.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:56 PM
Dont take your valve cover off, you will mess something up, just fish it down in, It will fit, it just takes time. And it will fit your stock exhaust, a high flow cat would help but not needed.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:16 AM
thanks alot jason. Just one more question though. The end of the header down pipe is 2.25. Do i get a reducer righ before my cat or does that pipe weld right to the cat itself?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:51 PM
It should weld up, the pipe should slide right over your factory pipe into the cat. I changed my setup to a cobalt ss prted manifold and downpipe to a cat but my header setup before it just slipped right over my stock pipe right before the cat
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search