Too much air? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Too much air?
Saturday, June 06, 2009 5:46 AM
I installed my Typhoon Intake by K&N on my 04 Sunfire and after a computer cycle the car bogs down after about 3000 RPM's. I havent installed my exhaust yet but I do have headers back...high-flow cat and performance cat-back, by Magnaflow. My buddy and I think that the engines getting too much air and that the high flow exhaust will allow it to move quicker and stop bogging down...if anyone has another solution please advise me!!!

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$

Re: Too much air?
Saturday, June 06, 2009 5:57 AM
The only way to have too much air is by forced induction. Turbo/Supercharger. And what exactly do you mean by a computer cycle? How do you know when your computer cycles? Its pretty hard to guess that. What did you do with your IAT sensor?
Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:13 AM
I plugged it into the intake like the instructions said

Saturday, June 06, 2009 10:15 AM
I did change the fuel filter and the gas that came out was a bit dirty too...could I maybe have a fowled plug due to bag gas? I havent had a problem till I filled up that specific tank of gas.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:14 AM
is your vaccum hose loose . check for leaks on your intake install too, especially at the throttle body. stethoscope your fuel injectors with your engine on and listen for clicks on all 4 of them. if it clicks its cycling if it doesnt it needs replaced.. you may not be getting enough fuel but your not getting to much air. try seafoam in your vacuum line and some in a full tank of gas. if you put it in the vauum line do it slowly not to cause the engine to die and let it sit for about 30 minutes after you have got it in the line. then crank your car and give it a little gas. drive down the road at high rpm and it will clean your system for you. good luck
Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:36 AM
Well I fixed the problem...my cat-converter (stock) was replaced with a full flow Magnaflow converter and found that the stock one was clogged to the point of no light would go though. So I guess I was getting too much air!!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:40 AM
Jeff Chouinard wrote:Well I fixed the problem...my cat-converter (stock) was replaced with a full flow Magnaflow converter and found that the stock one was clogged to the point of no light would go though. So I guess I was getting too much air!!!

Ok well im glad you fixed it..so your stock cat-coverter was clogged so bad you couldnt see light through it, dang i bet your gas mileage sucked balls...

however to correct you, you still were not getting to much air.. You were getting to much BACK-PRESSURE and your exhaust your carbon dioxide probably was forced back into the engine and made you air quality suck.. but what caused it was back-pressure.. not getting to much air from your intake, im right and you dont want to admit it. nobody ever does but deep inside you know i am and i know i am and thats all that matters to me.
Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:09 PM
HAHAHA
Friday, October 16, 2009 10:02 AM
I feel like king of the retards here.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:03 PM
Zach Reliford wrote:I feel like king of the retards here.

How do you think i feel?

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search