Airaid TBS - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Airaid TBS
Monday, August 31, 2009 7:31 AM
Ive found that an Airaid Poweraid TBS is available for an 04 Cavy with the 2.2L but found that this same part number only fits an 02 Sunfire with a 2.4!!! I have an 04 Sunfire and want to know if the 04 Cavy has the same Throttle body as my Sunfire which has the Ecotech. Just out of curiosity how much more horse will I get or will this bolt on only give me torque?

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$

Re: Airaid TBS
Monday, August 31, 2009 7:37 AM
if youre talking about a throttle body spacer. then your not gonna notice anything. infact its probably not even gong to do anything. its an extra inch or two of room for the air to spin before it goes into the cylinder. ive heard many other car enthusiests talk about tbs's and unless you've got a bigger size motor. and im talking like 4.6 and up its not gonna do anything really for performance. but its up to you. its your money.
Monday, August 31, 2009 4:37 PM
If it is the spacer it will slow the airflow down do to the spin. It's not worth it.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Saturday, September 05, 2009 10:06 AM
Ok...I have 1000 bucks, what would u guys do for more horse? I have cold air intake, header back and I'm looking to get more horse

Dont be a smarta$$...although it is better than being a dumba$$
Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:41 PM
check out hptuners.com. what they have to offer is generally necessary to even see any noticeable gains from the intake and exhaust you've already put money into. Also, the most over looked aspect of this whole process is often making sure your car is running just as clean and smooth as if it were new to begin with.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:40 PM
Jeff Chouinard wrote:Ok...I have 1000 bucks, what would u guys do for more horse? I have cold air intake, header back and I'm looking to get more horse

Port the head.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search