Header & Exhaust Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header & Exhaust Question
Sunday, September 12, 2004 7:37 AM
Hey guys, I am in the midst of doin a full custom header & headerback exhaust for my car, using 2.25 mandrel bent piping, with a 2.5" collector, and a 2.5" Cat, etc etc. Basically all my components will be 2.5" incase I decide to up the piping size later on down the road. However, this is where my problem is. Upgrading my exhaust peices will require me to change out my mufflers/resonators (two 2" flowpro canisters with really nice tone) and upgrade to a Dynomax Super Camaro muffler with single inlet (2.5") and dual outlets (2.5"). Id really like to keep my current mufflers/resonators and tips, as I really like the look and sound of them, however they are smaller than any of the other parts of my exhaust. Im wondering if having dual 2" mufflers will compensate for not having a 2.5" muffler. Will this affect my flow or should I be able to get away with it? Id really like to get the best performance outta my setup the first time around rather than have to redo it later on down the road all the while keeping it somewhat legal. Anyone who knows a thing or two about exhaust setups (especially those familiar with Nitrous added to the mix) I'd really like to hear some feedback from you.

ALSO!!!!

Where the heck can I buy a flange for my custom header, or whats a decent price to expect to pay at a machine shop for one to be CNC'd???

Landon

Re: Header & Exhaust Question
Sunday, September 12, 2004 10:56 AM
Hey man, if worse comes to worse, I may take those off your hands. I really like the sound of them. Especially when we had a go the other day

<br>

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search