couple ?'s... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
couple ?'s...
Friday, November 20, 2009 8:09 AM
tunning... i have i/h/e, tranny mounts, clutch, motor mounts. if i take it to get hp tunned, does anyone have any idea on how much hp il pick up????

also.... i am debating about getting the hahn racecraft intake manifold. does anyone have one??? if so how much power did you pick up???

p.s of course i wont go get it tunned untill after iu put the intake mani on. to optimize gains.

Re: couple ?'s...
Monday, November 23, 2009 4:00 PM
Hi Matt, if your are going to go with boost that intake would be great. If you have changed your mind about that I'd go with the 2.4 intake for N/A.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:10 AM
well eventually im gonna get boosted, not for about a year or more, b/c im getting the jbp head b4 i get the hahn stage 2 turbo. but will that intake help me as n/a for now?? and il get it hp tunned, so that will help too right?
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:42 AM
Yes it will work. It's more for boost or a highly modded N/A. It and the TB are kind of big for what you are doing right now. My guess is that you wil lose some low and mid range power . More air(or more fuel) is only good if it's needed. Yeah, you will have to tune to use it or even a 2.4 intake. That's about all I know on this. Keep me up to date on what you are doing.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:20 AM
If by JBP you mean J body performance in Canada, stay away from them. They will take your money and not provide any product, or a poorly made/machined one.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:53 PM
I didn't have problems with them, just the people you have buy through. Matt please tell me that your not getting that race head for 3G's.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 8:49 AM
wow thank god i asked you guys.. becuase i was really excited about getting that jbp head.. and yeah there price on there site was 3500.. is there a cylinder head that is good that you guys have or have heard of?? with a tune i will still lose low end power?? and what throttle body are you talking about?? becuase i dont know what throttle body to get... do you know of any that are worth getting???? ive got enough to send in for the hahn intake, but not a throttle body or a tune, so by xmas or right after ill have it, and tuned and ill have dyno numbers for everyone to.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:03 PM
http://www.competitionproducts.com/products.asp?dept=833&pagenumber=2&sort_on=&sort_by=
That's all I know of. I'm sure there are more out there, but that's all I got. I'm not sure what size throttle body goes with that intake. That intake is much larger than the stock one or the 2.4. The short runners and larger size will push your power band toward the upper RPM. With the Stage 2 cams the power band will also move to the mid/upper RPM. That intake might be a better match for the Stage 3 cams and a good amount of engine work. It would be great for boost. That's not to say it won't work with the Stage 2 cams. I had a good link to some TB's, but I lost it when my hard drive went out. My favorites list was very long and I don't remember what it was.
Long runners make more low end power. Short runners make more top end power. A CAI vs a WAI also falls under this. Though it's not as large of a change.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:35 PM
One more thing Matt. As I said I'm here to learn also and there is not much going on here. I think you can get more and better info on the other site. I will go with you if you want to go. All the big people from this site are on http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/ now.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 5:02 AM
thanks nogo. i just registered on ecotecforum, same username so try to find me when you register. btw that patriot head...ive heard some bad things about it.. is it really worth the money.?>? and should i get it bare and buy my own valvetrain??
Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:41 AM
I've heard the same, I read you topics. Yeah, it would be best to get your own valvetrain. The stuff they put on their head would be ok, but you can do better(it will just cost more). I think the porting is good, it's just the parts. They got to make money some how(lol as if they are not charging too much now). I'll be joining over there and will look for you. I'll use the same name also. Those guys are going to blow my help away, so I'll mostly be there for support.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 7:28 AM
I'm over there now, I tried to list you as a friend and it said it could find no member with that name.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search