2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec
Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:26 PM
Okay everyone i am finally getting around to ordering parts and am debating on what to do. My power goal is 300hp+. Right now i have stage 2 with the gmpp performance clutch and everything else is stock. I was thinking about going a custom setup route but knowing me i will want more power and most likley change it around eventually.

So what i was thinking was get the supporting mods out of the way: zzp or ott performance cold air intake, hahn racecraft cat-back exhaust, hahn racecraft or zzp downpipe and header, zzp s3 heat exchanger, gm dual pass endplate, 80lb injectors, devils own meth injection, ls4 throttle body, hp tuners tune and a custom 2.5" pulley.

I eventually want to port the stock m62 blower, port my head, build the motor, and spray the car as well. My other question is will i need anything else? What power level would i be at?

If anyone here thinks i should get one brand over another please put it out there explain why. I dont want to buy something now and have to replace it later on.

Re: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec
Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:26 PM
Bump. Anyone?
Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:33 PM
i'm not familiar with zzp, but everything you've listed sounds great, add motor mounts, tranny mounts, short throw shifter, and you'll have yourself a slick ride.

btw don't bump ur thread sameday.

Monday, November 16, 2009 4:30 PM
Correction:

Okay everyone i am finally getting around to ordering parts and am debating on what to do. My power goal is 300hp+. Right now i have stage 2, hahn racecraft cat-back exhaust, zzp s3 heat exchanger and gmpp performance clutch and everything else is stock. I was thinking about going a custom setup route but knowing me i will want more power and most likley change it around eventually.

So what i was thinking was get the supporting mods out of the way: zzp cold air intake, zzp downpipe and header, gm dual pass endplate, 60lb injectors, devils own meth injection, hp tuners tune and a custom 2.6" pulley.

I eventually want to port the stock m62 blower, port my head, build the motor, and spray the car as well. My other question is will i need anything else? What power level would i be at?

If anyone here thinks i should get one brand over another please put it out there explain why. I dont want to buy something now and have to replace it later on.
Monday, November 16, 2009 4:41 PM
lol, did u not read my post bfor you posted this again?

btw there's no need to say everyone, it's pretty much just me and you bud, and maybe tinkles every once and awhile. i said what needed to be said in my first post.

btw y don't u find out what the blower can do bfore spraying the car? just curious.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:31 PM
Okay everyone i am finally getting around to ordering parts and am debating on what to do. My power goal is 300hp+.

Right now i have just stage 2 installed. I was thinking about going a custom setup route but knowing me i will want more power and most likley change it around eventually.

So what i was thinking was get the supporting mods out of the way: hahn racecraft cat-back exhaust, hahn racecraft or zzperformance downpipe and header, zzperformance or over the top performance cold air intake, zzp s3 heat exchanger, gm performance clutch, gm dual pass endplate, siemens 60lb injectors, option b, hp tuners tune and a 2.6" pulley.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:00 AM
Not sure why you are reposting the same thing over and over but let me chime in here.

First off you will not obtain 300whp on the m62 without porting the head, unless you are running spray. 80lb injectors are over kill for your setup and you will have a better idle on 60 or 79lbers. I recommend sticking with 60lbers, you will have plenty of fuel for them. All of your parts look good except you will need a hub to go along with that pulley and a tank for the dual pass end plate, aka option b or a flow through tank.

It would be a good idea to get ottp's rotated tranny mounts so you don't crack your tranny with wheel hop. Along with that pick up a gm upgrade clutch so you can hold the power without clutch slippage and last but not least grab ottp's stage 1 axles so your axles don't snap the first time you launch the car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search