2.0L for racing - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0L for racing
Friday, November 19, 2010 8:28 AM
I am thinking of racing this engine in SCCA GT3. I am planning on using a 2. 0L turbo as the base. It will be normally aspirated. I need a source for 13-14 CR forged pistons and racing cams. Are the rods strong enough for 250hp at 8500rpm?

Re: 2.0L for racing
Friday, November 19, 2010 3:27 PM
I'd recommend the 2.0L S/C engine(No VVT and direct injection, plus more parts are available). You can resell the S/C for $1600+, depending on the condition.

Yes the stock rods will work and as for parts talk to Karo at AllEcotec.com. As long as you are willing to pay he can get almost anything for ecotecs. Also look into hardened oil pump gears, ours have a tendency to shatter with high RPM/2 step use.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Re: 2.0L for racing
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:23 PM
Tinkles wrote:I'd recommend the 2.0L S/C engine(No VVT and direct injection, plus more parts are available). You can resell the S/C for $1600+, depending on the condition.

Yes the stock rods will work and as for parts talk to Karo at AllEcotec.com. As long as you are willing to pay he can get almost anything for ecotecs. Also look into hardened oil pump gears, ours have a tendency to shatter with high RPM/2 step use.

yes to all of this. Also; balance shaft delete, go custom cam non of this off the shelf bs, custom header, custom intake mani, good head port and you should be to that power level pretty easy.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search