Supercharger on a LK9? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger on a LK9?
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:41 AM
I picked up a practically fresh LK9 (Saab B207R) for a song and am wondering if I can install my LSJ Supercharger on it?

I know you can install an LNF Turbo kit on an LSJ but you can't install the LSJ Supercharger on an LNF due to the SIDI and VVT, however from what I have read the LSJ was created from the LK9 although I am not positive that this is really correct or not since I can't find any internal information on the LK9 short block other than that the crank is the same as used on the LNF and LSJ and all three use oil squirters under the pistons. In addition I know the LNF and LSJ blocks are slightly different and that the pistons and rings are different and that the LNF uses 1019 steel rods like the LE5 and L61 but the LSJ uses 5115 steel rods. I can't find any data on the LK9 rods or pistons. I alos know the heads on the LK9 and LSJ are similar.
I also understand that the LSJ is SFI and the LK9 uses MPFI what I don't know is if this represents a problem or not.
The ECU is not an issue since I plan on using a complete Computer wiring harness and program supplied by CBM.
Does any have any thoughts on this compatability guys?
Bob

Re: Supercharger on a LK9?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:36 AM
You could install the kit on this motor, Most of what is needed is in the tune. So make sure you have some that can tune it for you. I believe vince at Trifecta should be able to do that without any issues.
Re: Supercharger on a LK9?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:25 AM
Kyle Cooper wrote:You could install the kit on this motor, Most of what is needed is in the tune. So make sure you have some that can tune it for you. I believe vince at Trifecta should be able to do that without any issues.

Thanks again Kyle, that is what I am hoping. I know I will need to use all the sensors from my LSJ on it too.
My biggest issue will be to find a stand alone wiring harness to go with the ECU since I don't have one and have yet to find someone who sells one. I do know there are guys who can de-program OEM MEFI4's so that is not an issue. I also know that I can then run HPT of EFI Live.
Bob
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search