Engine Rebuild For Boost - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Rebuild For Boost
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:56 PM
I have a 2002 Ecotec in a Cavalier LS Sport. I am planning on rebuilding the engine to add a turbocharger and possibly nitrous to bring it to around 400hp. What kind of changed do I need to make to my stock Ecotec to prepare it for the turbocharger and to allow it to handle 400+ HP.

Re: Engine Rebuild For Boost
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:23 PM
Wiseco pistons, eagle rods are the most needed. Also check out www.TurboTechRacing.com we have a lot of parts for the Ecotec.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:59 AM
Basically everything in the motor...

If I were you, I'd take it one step at a time. Aim for 250 HP, then 300 HP, so on and so forth. 400 HP is a very hard point to reach and is very hard to maintain. You need to learn how to maintain a more underpowered turbocharged vehicle before you step into something that big. Also, you're talking about investing thousands on top of thousands in parts and labor...I don't know if you would be willing to spend $8000-10000.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:19 AM
If you are thinking a turbocharger, the 2.2 can get by with th Eagle Rods and the Wiseco pistons. An MLS headgasket is a good idea too. Other than those, your motor can stay fairly stock...assuming you stay under the 400 hp level...at which point the tranny could become an issue. Do you have the automatic or the manual...because the autobox wont last very long at high hp levels....

CHRIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search