Ecotec Situation - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Situation
Friday, March 31, 2006 7:23 AM
I know that this question is asked alot, but it seems I' m not getting the full answer just pieces of it. I have '97 chevy cavalier 2.2L OHV w/ auto trans and my question is the can
I use the aftermarket front engine mount on my car to slap the 2.2L Ecotec engine, I'm talking about the ecotec front engine mount and would I have to modify the bolt pattern?
Another thing I want to ask , is there anybody out there who made there own bracket
for the auto to manual swap?

Thank You Very Much

Re: Ecotec Situation
Friday, March 31, 2006 11:16 PM
The ECOTEC (just like all the other 3rd gen J-body motors) has 1 upper motor mount and 1 lower motor mount, so saying Front engine mount doesn't really tell us which one you're talking about.

Now in order to swap the ECOTEC into an Pre-2000 3rd gen J-body, you would need to take basically everything that would be in a vehicle that is equipped with it:

Motor, Transmission (pre-2000s use Isuzu Transmission, 2000+ use Getrag Transmissions), Transmission Mounts (you might even have some transmission fitment problems), the upper motor mount (the lower mount on your motor is the same one), The Fuel System, the Ignition system, all the harnesses and wiring...but the killer is that you'll have to upgrade your whole Electrical System. Pre-2000 J-bodies use a totally different Electrical system than the 2000+ J-bodies.

It's alot of work and money. Best advice I can give is get a donor car.

Anymore questions?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search