Source of 2-barrell carb manifold - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Source of 2-barrell carb manifold
Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:50 PM
Using 2.2liter ecotec in stock class hydroplane(APBA). Need source of manifold supplier or fabricator for 2-barrell Holley carb. Will run stand-alone distributor without computer controls. If you know of source please e-mail info. Thanks.
billwalti@aol.com

Re: Source of 2-barrell carb manifold
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:52 PM
shouldnt be too hard to take to a local fabricator. a simple gasket for the I/M to head and carb flanges with some space requirements should do it.

interesting project youve got. i dont suppose youll be driving the disty off of the PS pump drive
Sunday, December 25, 2005 10:43 AM
hmmm a carbed ecotec nifty idea. the mani would be easy for an aluminum fab shop to create but have the thing figured out beforehand IE copy something like the pontiac pushrod Super Duty intake it seems to work well in sportsman class 4-cyl drag racing and copying one should give you the right rpm range for the ecotec.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:26 PM
why would you want a carbed ecotec? benefits?
Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:05 PM
I would think think the manifold of a LSJ looks like a carb could be bolted to it. it is a square shaped hole where the supercharger its self is mount too.
I guess you would have plug up the holes where the injectors would go.
A carbed ecotec. I think it would be great for running nitrous because you could just run a plate set up. make life easier for a track only car also when motor the motor goes you wouldn't have a wires to worry about . you probaly going to have to use a MSD distributor .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search