rk sport intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rk sport intake
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:40 PM
who here has the rk sport air intake?? when do you hear it howl? and can you really notice a difference in power?.. does the engine seem to breathe easier, and not lag in mid range like stock

Re: rk sport intake
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:19 AM
i've had it on my fire for about 4-5 months now. howling??? i dont ever here any of that over my exhaust when i'm gettin down on it. i can here it right when i hit the gas from idle, you can here the TB open and suck a lot of air, something the stock intake doesnt allow. power wise... i noticed some more mid & high end power, i dont know if you are or not, but dont expect a lot, it is just an intake. very very roughly, i would say i probably got about 7-10 hp from it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197727
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:27 PM
i had one, the only thing i did not like was when i would ride around town on a worm day it would heat up and would make air temp. sensor screw up and make my car run like crap. all i did was pull the sensor out of the pipe and plug the hole and it ran fine
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:05 PM
I have now on my 05 Sunfire, I to noticed a slight power loss on warm days, but I solved it by using a 4.7k ohm resistor. as for the howl, same as with any other intake, but it's very loud, and when you get to about 5750 rpm it turns to a shriek, very cool!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:01 AM
How does it cost?

Sorry guys, i never really check this..

So if i'm buying one, i should change my O2 sensor???

Can i keep it the winter ( here in canada )

Thx for the info

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:29 PM
no, but I would sugest removing the lower intake as well as the upper (which is requered) to allow mor air in, as for winter use, the RK Sport intake is a short ram, meaning the air filter is still in the engine compartment, trust me, I'm a mechanic
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:29 PM
just read my own post and realised I didn't say the price, it's about $200 US plus shipping
Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:46 AM
anyone have a pic of it on their car
Monday, December 05, 2005 6:22 AM
Matt Krajkoski,hey if you go to www.cardomain.com/ride/2101588 i have one on my cavalier with a pic of it,hope that help,sorry its a cavalier and not a sunfire

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Monday, December 19, 2005 11:20 AM
Just a heads-up, but I would reccomend getting the AEM CAI. It just costs a little more and is better designed and will perform better... Just lettin ya know...

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:43 PM
i have one on my sunfire www.cardomain.com/ride/1218565 check it out...... I like it it looks good, I like it better than the ramair that i had....

you have to stand for something, or you're bound to fall for anything

Monday, August 28, 2006 9:34 PM
Get the AEM intake, Its way better than the RKsport one. AEM is a cold air through the fender lining, and its not all plastic tube. The only thing that sucks is that they dont supply you with a bracket for the clutch fluid resevoir, so you have to make something up yourself. If you car is stick that is...

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:35 AM
if u wanna save money not that 200 is alot but i bought my vibrant intake for my 02 sunfire for only 120 and i like it alot i can def hear and feel the difference the second i step on the gas..its only 100 and its free shipping but i did two day and payed 20 extra it came on time also
Monday, November 06, 2006 12:50 AM
If you really want the best Buy the K&N Short Ram..I have it the fit is great it comes with a clutch mount plate...And the connection from the tube to the TB is wound silicon hose..Also the K&N fits nicely for the sensor not like the AEM that it fits crappy..Have seen the fit on 3 others and the sensor almost always falls out..Only down fall to the K&N is the bracket that holds it to the motor you should leave the bolt a little loose or you will break the bracket..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search